How does English Advanced Paper 2-Modules work? (1 Viewer)

shona99

HSC
Hello,

I am a new member on Bored of Studies and wanted to ask a question.

How does the English Advanced Paper 2-Modules work? I understand there are three sections ( because three modules ). For example section 1 says attempt question 1 or question 2. But then there are 1a, 1b, 1c and 1d

Do we have to do all four or attempt just one?

If you want to see which paper I am referring to, please check this link: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/2014/pdf_doc/2014-hsc-english-p2-adv.pdf

Many thanks in advance : )

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You just do the question that is relevant to the specific text(s) that you are studying, you will see under each subsection, i.e. 1a),b),c)-there is a list of texts, if you studied any of these texts in school, then you attempt that question only. So essentially, you should only be writing three essays in total. so just attempt 1a/OR 1b OR 1c OR 1d-don't attempt all four because you won't have the knowledge to do so and more importantly, there is no way you will have enough time.

pomsky

HSC
Heyo!
Nope, you only complete the subsection of the question that your school studies. You're right in that there's three modules (Q1, Q2 and Q3) but your school has a choice to study a couple of texts within that module. Depending on what module your school chooses to study, you'll completely a. b. c. or d.

:)
So don't worry you don't need to do 12 essays haha.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Whoops didn't see Strawberrye's post- she's explains it much better than me lol.
There isn't a better explanation, two explanations are always better than one:)(unless of course they contradict each other)-good to see you are helping others out-keep up the good work!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)