How does Islam determine the aspirations and behaviours of individuals (1 Viewer)

perrie1234

HSC
please help me on how Islam as well as atheism determines the aspirations + behaviours of individuals

HSC
please help me on how Islam as well as atheism determines the aspirations + behaviours of individuals
Well as a Muslim, I wouldn't really say Islam determines my aspirations but it certainly helps guide how I achieve what I want to achieve i.e. the appropriate behaviour in achieving personal aspirations.

Like obviously behaviour is guided by fundamental principles like in many religions e.g. be ethical and empathetic in general terms.

In guiding helping me be the best person I be, it does prohibit behaviour like drinking and stuff, although I personally don't have a problem with this as I prefer to be in complete control of what I'm doing and I don't want to do stuff I regret. But also I hated the taste of non alcohol champagne so I don't see the need for it in my life:D

Hmm...it does engender conservative behaviour I suppose. And like the Quran establishes guidelines of individual behaviour but ultimately an individual determines to what extent they will incorporate this into their daily lives and to understand the meaning of it in context rather than a literal translation.

And it's Ramadan now so now Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset and try to be more spiritually aware whilst trying to achieve a greater sense of empathy for the less fortunate and the bigger picture in life or the value of life beyond personal aspirations. Sorry I don't know if that really meant anything but hope that helps:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)