How does it feel not doing maths? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
I feel good about it. Most of the stuff that you learn won't be used for daily life. As long as you know the basic things then you shall be okay. I dropped Science too. I think personally it was one of the best choices that I have chosen in my life. Personally, less work than those who do a Science or Maths (I know for Biology students at my school get loads of work and same with maths students) and I am doing the subjects that I LOVE rather than all this scaling crap subjects (personally, people should choose the subjects that they are interested in and love and they know that they are going to do well than choose subjects based on crappy 'scaling' idea and do shit at them). ^.^

Jay-k-bee1

HSC
It feels freaking amazing, watching everyone complain about upcoming maths exams while you're like :3 :D

avro

HSC
Dropped at the end of year 11. I love seeing all my frees pile up.

SanjoyM

HSC
It's feels quite good! Just the thought of having study periods (single AND double) to catch up, read ahead or practice exam questions seems like the greatest advantage:) LOVE IT!

epicFAILx

HSC
I was told that if you don't do maths, you close MANY doors for your future.
thats why i stuck with it :)

SanjoyM

HSC
I was told that if you don't do maths, you close MANY doors for your future.
thats why i stuck with it :)
Not necessarily! You can always undertake bridging courses at university.
However, Chemistry has some elements of Mathematics in it, so that substitutes for the need for Mathematics, I guess for my instance (Medicine).

Neva

HSC
N/A
me too, unfortunately i'm just terrible with it

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
However, Chemistry has some elements of Mathematics in it, so that substitutes for the need for Mathematics, I guess for my instance (Medicine).
Very comforting to think there are bridging courses. Don't think they're quite the same thing though if you really ever need them.

Last edited:

epicFAILx

HSC

well for me for Veterinary Science.. i suppose math is compulsory x3
but im not doing chem at the moment, so im doing a bridging course in usyd :D

staceymareee

HSC
Dropped it at the end of year 10, 'cause I'm hopeless at it. It's so good. :) And I'm glad that I found out that Maths isn't a (pre)requisite for the vast majority of uni courses.
The study periods are quite amazing to start the day, might I just add (Most of the days in our timetable start with Maths)...

Aysce

HSC
I wonder how you people live without Mathematics ...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)