How does Japanese Continuers scale? (1 Viewer)

rainydays

HSC
Does anyone know how Japanese Continuers scales, especially compared to physics and chemistry? I've heard that these two scale well and increase your marks but how about Japanese?

muzeikchun852

HSC
it scales along the same line with physics and chemistry.

muzeikchun852

HSC
I disagree. I think Japanese Continuers only scales so-so while Japanese Extension scales very well (like physics and chemistry).

You should try to find an online ATAR calculator and play around with it to see how different subjects affect ATAR.
i lol-ed when i saw this comment.

funnytomato

HSC
i lol-ed when i saw this comment.

It actually tells you that japanese continuers scales better than physics no matter what, and better than chemistry if you're above 75th percentile(scales the same as chem at some percentile between 75th and 50th ), which is quite surprising to me.

HSC
! Frozencrumbz you're doing the same subjects as me (going to). Do you think Jap Cont is much easier than Ext?

starryblue

HSC
It actually tells you that japanese continuers scales better than physics no matter what, and better than chemistry if you're above 75th percentile(scales the same as chem at some percentile between 75th and 50th ), which is quite surprising to me.
OMG, jap scales the same as chem and physics, i never knew...always thought jap continuers scales more lower

starryblue

HSC
! Frozencrumbz you're doing the same subjects as me (going to). Do you think Jap Cont is much easier than Ext?
yes, Jap Cont is ALOT easier than extension. extension requires you to analyse text and stuff D=

muzeikchun852

HSC
yes, Jap Cont is ALOT easier than extension. extension requires you to analyse text and stuff D=
for me. extension is a little bit easier than continuers, because you can actually study for it.

having said that - extension and continuers are completely different courses, and generally people thinks extension is much harder than continuers. continuers is more like stimulus, where they focus more on vocab, structure, etc. making a perfect sentence in continuers is extremely important, whereas extension concentrates on the ideas that's been conveyed. extensions focus on oneself opinion on certain issues (although making a perfect sentence is still quite important), and by describing a scenario, like the continuers' tasks, wont get you a band E4. more or less, you can actually study for those issues and the prescribed text (i.e. spirited away for japanese extension), compared to continuers, which is more like a practice-based subject.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)