HOW does one fail the HSC? (1 Viewer)

doma

rite...
HSC
based on some general knowlegde(i forgot where)
if you get like, below 50% in the english exam, or under 50% total (prelim assesments+finalexam) do you fail to get HSC/ or UAI mark/?

heh, last hours and i dont know that mcuh about it :D

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
you cant FAIL the hsc..the worse you can get is when you get yuor uai it will say 'below 30'

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
OOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!

MAGIC NUMBER :D MAGIC NUMBER :D MAGIC NUMBER

Below 30 (I think) as a UAI and you get the magic number which is >30 and you never ever get to find out exactly what is was. You can't technically fail the HSC unless you don't do the percentages of work that are required for subjects to complete a course, if you complete the courses, no matter how bad you did, you will still pass and get a HSC.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
As someone already said, "You can't fail the HSC". In fact, it's very rare to get a HSC mark below 50 in any subject these days.

As for UAI - that's a rank. So you can't fail that either. Of course, you can consider yourself failing, if you fail to get into your course.

Insanity540

HSC
cannot fail the HSC, you can however earn the Below 30 Astreix (*).... this rumour has it, will get you free beers at pubs for the day you recieve your mark.....

Uai is a rank....

thats what i've heard, it most prob isn't true, but its a nice to know there maybe a very small bonus to f**ing up the HSC...

doma

rite...
HSC
ahh cool, but im a bit worried in englsih!

got 49% in teh trials

stupid brain and hand:mad1:

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
It's true about the beer, you get free drinks at the pub, well at my local you do.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Can't you fail the HSC if you don't do a serious attempt, get a U award or get less than 50% in your total assessment marks??

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Drop out without telling them, that's a fail.

Not turning up to English? That's also a fail (non-attempt)

Note I'm speaking of relative failure, not official "failure", as no such thing exists. You merely become ineligible to receive an HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)