How does the novel,"The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini shape our world? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Uni Grad
Question: How does the novel, "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini shape our world?
Can someone help me with this question and give me some ideas. Also if possible, could you suggest some big ideas being challenged in the Novel?
Thanks!

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not familiar with the novel, but I can suggest a couple of general things that might help trigger some ideas for your response:

- The powerful role of stories and storytelling as a feature of narrative in past and present societies, a way of connecting people within and across different communities, cultures as well as questioning practices common among such cultures and communities.
- Point of view is central to narrative and manifests itself through the points of view of characters, narrators, composers and audiences.

I'm sorry that I can't suggest/recommend more directly, but I hope this helps! :D

vishnay

God
HSC
Question: How does the novel, "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini shape our world?
Can someone help me with this question and give me some ideas. Also if possible, could you suggest some big ideas being challenged in the Novel?
Thanks!
Ideas:
- Amir's portrayal as an atypical Afghani boy who defies gender norms is reflective/representative of the emergence of 'finding yourself' or personal identity
- Baba's eventual acceptance and tolerance of Amir's behavior is analogous to the tolerance demonstrated to [insert something here i'm not really sure but you can think it out and find something]

Basically just talk about Amir and his effeminacy initially being rejected by Baba and his eventual acceptance shaping some trait or aspect of the world and its cultures.

Last edited:
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not familiar with the novel, but I can suggest a couple of general things that might help trigger some ideas for your response:

- The powerful role of stories and storytelling as a feature of narrative in past and present societies, a way of connecting people within and across different communities, cultures as well as questioning practices common among such cultures and communities.
- Point of view is central to narrative and manifests itself through the points of view of characters, narrators, composers and audiences.

I'm sorry that I can't suggest/recommend more directly, but I hope this helps! :D
Thanks a lot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)