How does the whole process work? (1 Viewer)

thinkinboufuture113

HSC
Hi everyone I'm currently in year 11 and I've been set for a while now that I want to do the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine course at UON. I've been researching and just want to clarify a few things that I'm a bit confused about.

So this year results for the UMAT come out mid September
Candidates will be invited to an interview during 26 November - 7 December depending on how well they go in the UMAT
28th September is the closing date for applications to the Joint Medical Program for selection in 2019
But Atar results come out December 15th?

How do our Atar results decide if we get a place or not if the interviews are way before our results come out?

Appreciate all responses thank you!

(Also i would ask my careers adviser but shes rude and knows nothing).

Last edited:

chefcurry30

HSC
Hey there! As far as I know, UoN bases the interview off the UMAT only and everyone who attends the interview is then scored and ranked accordingly. This means that the university already has a list of candidates who are going to receive an offer to their medical program, provided that they clear the final hurdle, which is the ATAR. This means that UoN looks at the ATAR last, and if they clear the hurdle ATAR of 94.30 (or 91.40 if they are from a rural background) then they will receive an offer. I hope that helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)