How does transfering course work? (1 Viewer)

brachester

HSC
Hi,
I'm applying for UNSW B Science (Advanced Mathematics) and its ATAR cutoff is 95.4
I'm aware that there's a possibility that i may not meet the ATAR requirement so I'm considering carefully my 2nd and 3rd preference. So can anyone tell me how does transfer work? Do I have to choose a specific course to be able to transfer to Advanced Math? When i'm transfered, do i start off new or do i have to catch up with the current on-going class?

theism

Resident Apologetic
HSC
first line : hi.
2nd line: good.
3rd line: good thinking.

basically you just do the same degree at a different uni, then transfer into it and get credit for the units you already did.
otherwise you can just do any degree, and then transfer over and have to start off new.

izzy88

HSC
Hi,
I'm applying for UNSW B Science (Advanced Mathematics) and its ATAR cutoff is 95.4
I'm aware that there's a possibility that i may not meet the ATAR requirement so I'm considering carefully my 2nd and 3rd preference. So can anyone tell me how does transfer work? Do I have to choose a specific course to be able to transfer to Advanced Math? When i'm transfered, do i start off new or do i have to catch up with the current on-going class?
Can you get into just B Science at UNSW? If so, I reckon that may be the best one to do if you don't get into B Science (Advanced Maths). In most degrees involving science there are set first year compulsory subjects that everyone has to do (eg. chem, physics, maths etc). It is likely (although look at the requirements for both), that if you started in B Science and transferred to B Sci (adv maths) that you would probably get credit for at least some of your first year subjects if they are required in both degrees. Basically check the first year requirements of both, if there are subjects that are the same, you would get credit for those, and only have to catch up what you haven't done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)