How does your course ranking works? (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
Hi

I have been searching around BOS for quite a while but still unable to find what i wanted.

I just want some answers regarding course ranking. So guys what happens if you are ranked first in your course at school (for example- first in standard or advanced English). Do you get the best mark or something?

My tutor told me that if you're ranked 1 in your course, and in the end of your school assessments you got like 92% for your internal school mark but someone who is ranked 5th got like 96% in his or her trial HSC examination, do I take his or her mark?

I'm totally confuse with course ranking~~

Please explain

Last edited:

bored of sc

HSC
http://community.boredofstudies.org...na/6642/explanation-hsc-marks-moderating.html

The above thread is very informative.

Your Assessment Rank (based on school assessments only) is set in stone once you finish all your assessments, assignments and tests (including trials) written by your school. The HSC Exams (sat during late October/early November), written by the Board of Studies, determine your Examination Marks and the school's range of Assessment Marks e.g. if the lowest Examination Mark (the percentage received on the Board of Studies' exam paper) is, let's say, 50 and the highest is 90, the student ranked last internally i.e. the student who was at the bottom of their school's cohort in that course, will get 50 as their Assessment Mark while the student ranked first internally will get 90 as their Assessment Mark (even if this student does not receive the highest Examination Mark).

Trial HSC Exams contribute to your School Based Assessment Rank (trials are not dealt with in isolation). This ranking ultimately determines your Assessment Mark. The school assessment tasks and the Trial HSC exam, together as a whole, form half of your overall HSC Mark. The other half of your HSC mark is determined by your performance in the external HSC Examination sat by all the candidates in your course.

Clear as mud?

P.S Send a PM to one of the moderators. Ragerunner, jetblack2007 and ajdlinux would be able to explain this process a lot better than I would.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)