How does your course ranking works??? (1 Viewer)

nilynily

HSC
Hi

I have been searching around BOS for quite a while but still unable to find what i wanted.

I just want some answers regarding course ranking. So guys what happens if you are ranked first in your course at school (for example- first in standard or advanced English). Do you get the best mark or something?

My tutor told me that if you're ranked 1 in your course, and in the end of your school assessments you got like 92% for your internal school mark but someone who is ranked 5th got like 96% in his or her trial HSC examination, do I take his or her mark?

I'm totally confuse with course ranking~~

Any reply will be appreciated! :shy:

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
If you came first internally, then your internal HSC mark is equal to the external mark of the student who topped the exam in your school.

nilynily

HSC
I get it now~~ but what if the person who topped the external mark is also me? Do I take that external mark of mine into my own internal mark?

twistedrebel

HSC
then your external and internal are going to be the same, but does not happen always

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
but what if the person who topped the external mark is also me? Do I take that external mark of mine into my own internal mark?
Yes, your external mark become your internal, giving you the same mark both internally and externally.

This doesn't always happen - didn't happen to me. In my case, it seemed that the highest external was deemed an outlier, and ignored for the purposes of scaling. That's my best guess.
I haven't heard of this happening before, but I don't doubt that it can.

Lukybear

HSC
This doesn't always happen - didn't happen to me. In my case, it seemed that the highest external was deemed an outlier, and ignored for the purposes of scaling. That's my best guess.
What how did that happen? Your external mark gap must be far greater than your internal mark gap?

nilynily

HSC
Hi

I'm back with another new question here... I found this out after asking one of my teacher. According to what he said ( I hope he's right) that even if you're rank 1 (94%) in your school assessment but you're rank 2nd (91%) in your HSC, the other person who is rank 1 (96%) in the HSC would take my assessment mark as his on assessment mark when he's previous assessment mark was 84%

Is this true???

Please reply thanks xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)