How easy is it to fail the driving test? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Going on 3 and half hours brother, wish my luck :D

And you need 90% in terms of Marks, so like mine was out of 108, and i got 101... which is 94%, so a pass. But no, I had to cause a dangerous situation in the last minute of the test :evilfire: Hopefully today man... hopefully today...
Good luck in three and a half hours! I received 102/108 today when I did my test at Blacktown. Unfortunately, I failed because apparently "I failed to give way when necessary" :(. I was an idiot for not waiting another five minutes patiently by giving way to more traffic. Instead, I decided to accelerate and move onto the next street. Personally, I believe it was really safe to go, but it's something that a L-plater wouldn't do. The thoughts of "Is she getting impatient?", "What if she thinks I'm not confident?" were running in my head. Now, I have to wait 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, someone will cancel their booking :).

My best advice is relax for the test, avoid errors that are difficult to overcome like mine and yours, and you'll be fine. Your mark is perfect, but you simply have to avoid the fail items. Follow everyone's advice given so far, and you'll be set. All the best.

Last edited:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Good luck in three and a half hours! I received 102/108 today when I did my test at Blacktown. Unfortunately, I failed because apparently "I failed to give way when necessary" :(. I was an idiot for not waiting another five minutes patiently by giving way to more traffic. Instead, I decided to accelerate and move onto the next street. Personally, I believe it was really safe to go, but it's something that a L-plater wouldn't do. The thoughts of "Is she getting impatient?", "What if she thinks I'm not confident?" were running in my head. Now, I have to wait 2-3 weeks. Hopefully, someone will cancel their booking :).

My best advice is relax for the test, avoid errors that are difficult to overcome like mine and yours, and you'll be fine. Your mark is perfect, but you simply have to avoid the fail items. Follow everyone's advice given so far, and you'll be set. All the best.
Cheers man, and thats unlucky, and a similar thing happened to me in the last freakin minute! In terms of those thoughts.. those are the EXACT same I had when I made that stupid turn in the last minute. Guess we'll both learn from our mistakes I guess. Good luck next time, and hopefully you dont have to wait too long!

:D

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
I passed today and only lost 3 points.... Very happy :D Thanks for the advice everyone!

61st of April

HSC
Congrats Chromatic! Well done :)

And to you and Exhaust, that sucks HEAPS but its at the discretion of the instructor I guess, I was in a similar situation to you both - got impatient at an intersection, thinking "Have I unnessecarilly given way too often? I probably could have made that gap... and that one... and that one... and THAT one!" and so slipped through a very, very small gap..... and passed.

But all that matters now is that you have them, and better luck next time Exhaust!

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Congrats Chromatic! Well done :)

And to you and Exhaust, that sucks HEAPS but its at the discretion of the instructor I guess, I was in a similar situation to you both - got impatient at an intersection, thinking "Have I unnessecarilly given way too often? I probably could have made that gap... and that one... and that one... and THAT one!" and so slipped through a very, very small gap..... and passed.

But all that matters now is that you have them, and better luck next time Exhaust!
Thanks 61st of April! +1 rep. And you're lucky that you passed :) Well done.

My instructor seemed a tad bitchy, but sometimes it depends on luck too I guess. Anyways, I managed to squeeze in a booking on the 12th of July instead of the 20th of July. So instead of 2-3 weeks, I'll have 1 more week to go :p.

Congrats as well chromatic. Glad you passed this time mate.

phishtaco

HSC
Congratulations Chromatic!

I too failed on my first go. I was really nervous though, that day couldn't have been any worse. I locked my keys in the car at one stage.. Anyway, I now have another booking for the 15th of July so hopefully then I pass! It seems unfair that all my friends have got their P's and I don't :p

By the way, did you have any driving lessons before taking the test? I had a couple after I failed and have one more booked for the 13th. They seem to help a lot..

:wave:

Chromatic

Banned
HSC
N/A
Congratulations Chromatic!

I too failed on my first go. I was really nervous though, that day couldn't have been any worse. I locked my keys in the car at one stage.. Anyway, I now have another booking for the 15th of July so hopefully then I pass! It seems unfair that all my friends have got their P's and I don't :p

By the way, did you have any driving lessons before taking the test? I had a couple after I failed and have one more booked for the 13th. They seem to help a lot..

:wave:
One thing I learned is that its a matter of not being nervous to pass the test.

First time, very nervous, - 8 points, stupidest fail in the last 2 minutes

Second time, not really nervous as I knew what to expect, -3 points, wait... how do you committ a fail item again?...

just dont be nervous the second time, you WILL pass :D
and yes, driving lessons are good! Take them if you think you need them...

phishtaco

HSC
Yeah, thanks. I'm feeling a lot more confident this time round. Also, I had another look at my score sheet and realised that I had 16 fail items. All of them were for not removing my foot off the clutch. My score worked out to be 86%.

Anyway, only five days to go..

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Yeah, thanks. I'm feeling a lot more confident this time round. Also, I had another look at my score sheet and realised that I had 16 fail items. All of them were for not removing my foot off the clutch. My score worked out to be 86%.

Anyway, only five days to go..
I hope you pass mate.

I did mine at the Castle Hill RTA today instead of Blacktown and got 108 :D. Such a relief I passed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)