How far away from uni do you live? (1 Viewer)

How long does it take you to get to uni via pub transport?

• Total voters

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Just wondering how far away people live from their respective unis, when travelling by pubic transport?

I live at edgecliff, about 20 mins total travel time for me to usyd :) From what ive read here many arent as fortunate

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
well i live on campus so i basically just wake up 20mins before class, shower, clothe and im there! its the only way to go!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Pub transport? My pub is part of the worker's club, so they have a shuttle bus that takes people around the local area. But not as far as uni.

I live out west, 36k from UTS (according to UBD). It takes about 40 minutes on the express train, plus half an hour combined waiting, walking and driving to station. Mostly waiting.

aLeeOh!

about to explode
HSC
im not so lucky. the only way i can get to uni is by a bus at a station that's about half an hour from where i live which comes ONLY at 7.04am as far as i know.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
bus then train...all up about an hour...plus some walking.

Ashleet

HSC
i live on campus too :) most classes take me less than 2 mins to walk to, the furthest being just under 5 mins

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
omg i feel so sorry for you guys! i would have been pne of you if i had decided to go to syd instead of anu... so glad that i chose the latter!

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
less than an hour driving
and just over an hour driving and catching trains

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Generally about 3 hours by stupid public transport by the time i wait for trains and the amount of time they decide to sit at every station ... then its about a 20 min walk to uni. It has taken me more than 4 hours to get home before, cause the stupid train decided to terminate when it wasn't supposed to, so i had to switch trains about 3 times. Stupid city rail.

alien

HSC
woah! how far from uni do you live? i thought i had it bad

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
I put 1-2 hrs... but thats cheating... that's where I live atm :p
However, since I'm still not sure where I'm moving to, I don't know how far I'll be.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If your referring to me, i have to catch a train at eastwood, switch at strathfield for the richmond train - which never comes on time.The I have to sit on the uncomfortable train for about 1 and a half hours. Cause it has a tendancy to sit at blacktown, quakers hill and mulgrave - actually ... it tends to sit at every station for about 5 mintues. But the trip doesn't bother me cause I tend to do my weekly readings and assignments on the train.

alien

HSC
that's insane. i don't have to change trains, but i still have to go through central and out to lidcome which takes ages. on the way back i have to wait heaps cos no trains go to my station :(

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I know its insane - its the notorious richmond line :p

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
from home via trains about 15hours
planes 4 hours
car 7 hours

hence i live on campus for a 5 min walk

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Live about 4 hours + on the trains from Uni, so, like Brad, live in Uni Accommodation. I got MTG though, so I'm bout a 15 minute walk, I think..

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
Well I live in Penrith and have to get to Bankstown. I've never been to that area so im not sure how long it will take me.

I'm approximating around 1hr n half depending if trains are on time. I also have to catch a bus to the train station, then change trains at Lidcombe and catch the bus to uni....

i'm going to travel to Bankstown by public transport one of these days, as if i were going there for a 9am class just to trial how long it takes me to get there [and back]

but yeh, like everyone's said... it all depends on the train timetables and whether or not they decide to be on time...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
35 minute drive, an hour and a half by public transport which still involves driving to the train station. Getting to uni by only catching public transport would take me more than 2 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)