how far is everyone into their major work? (1 Viewer)

xinxin89

HSC
i'm about almost one quarter of the way into journal, tho got lotta info but haven't put them in

georgie.girl

HSC
have written about 10 pages in the journal. Have a topic but no focus area and no question.... very scary

satie

HSC
I've been to fisher library, spent way to much on copying and now have to analyse the sources.

zaqwerty

HSC
I've written about 10 pages in my log. My proposal is only due now... I'm developing my focus question now. I've done hardly any research. This is going to be a lot of work.

Stephanie55

HSC
Same with me, I only just got my topic but I'm having trouble deciding on a focus question. I've got some background research done but nothing more than that, and my proposal is due Monday. I'm kind of freaking out.

cl3nta

HSC
our school makes us work:( about 2500w in journal, first draft completed and handed in for marking. second draft expected near beginning of next term:O

Robdudley

HSC
Hey i was in the same boat as you but when you begin to work it all out it makes all the sense in the world, try and have the syllabus in front of you when constructing ur proposal and focus questions. It helps immensely on how to structure it and what exatcly to do, for enquiry questions(just remember they structure ur essay) they help in formating everything so when ur essay comes to hand in you can have it clearly lined out as to what u have to achieve.
The most important thing to remember is to continue to talk to other people in your class and feed off each others knowledge and apply it to your own work. If you all remain close in marks together, the uai points handed out for that should benefit everyone immensely.
Rob Dudley
Narrabeen Sports high School

Libo

HSC
Good work Robert i will put effort in dont worry ok

eyestodiefor

HSC
if its any consolation - my proposal was due before the end of last term. I bullshitted something about an analysis of the green fairy - you know that absinthe halucination thingy? eurotrip/moulin rouge etc .. yeh anywho; it was a bullshit attempt at a proposal just so i had something to be marked on cause i had nothing. teacher collected our journals last lesson and mine seriously just had a lot of green, pics and such of fairies and other such nonesense things.

anywho moral of the story I only decided on a proper topic last week - im not looking at why sigmund freud abandoned his seduction theory; but guys theres a lot of time left. dont stress just yet; we have time.

Peace Out,
Kaitlin
GRC Oatley Snr

eyestodiefor

HSC
however having said all that - would be greatly interested in any ideas people have on sigmund freuds abandoning his seduction theory.

Cheers,
Kaitlin

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Almost finished my first log book, im planning my essay at the moment and thinking about changing my proposal question.

xinxin89

HSC
*STRESS STRESS STRESS*

i'm only 3/4 of the way throughy my first log book, i doubt i'd even make to the 2nd one, if i did, it wouldn't be complete, prolly only a quarter of it

when does everyone think we should begin a first draft of the essay?

my school expects one by 2nd week of next term...=.=, i haven't even finished all the research yet

Last edited:

el gwapo

HSC
We're expected to hand it in first week term 2. so I've finished my draft of the whole thing, synopsis essay and bibliography, source analysis etc.

draft should be as soon as possible, you can do a million version of the draft, i.e. a draft of a draft, draft version 1.5 or whatever.

zaqwerty

HSC
Kind of freaks me out when I hear about how much progress everyone else has made. People are already writing drafts?! I only just completed my proposal, I don't even know what my essay question is yet!! What do you all write in your log books to fill them up? And how many pages are your log books? I guess I'll be able to fill it up more once I start research..

NITR0U5

HSC
So far, I have a decent idea as to what I want to do, except i'm still tossing up between three different kinds of questions on the topic. As for research, it's been pretty superficial kind of just general stuff, looking at the different readings and historians. Umm...oh yeah I've been trying realllly hard to figure out how i'm going to ultimately attempt to answer the question 'What is history?' with my project.

LOL :( I can't believe people are starting their essays already. I wish I had been more dedicated. :( LOL!

xlil-miss-muffx

HSC
i'm so stressed i haven't found all the info i need and i don't know where to find it. my teacher is having an essay help day tomorrow so hopefully that will help but i have no idea. two of the other girls have been told to start writing their essays already and i haven't even finished my research yet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)