How far is it to the Penrith Campus (1 Viewer)

spillargroove

HSC
I don't think I fully realise how far it is to get there. I will be getting to Penrith by train. Would someone know how long it would take me to get there from Glenfield or East Hills?

klh

HSC
take the train that gets to Granville, than wait and see if its platform 4 or 2 for the one that goes to penrith [its on the boards, and see if it stops at kingswood] and youll be at the penrith campus and outsdie the kingswood station there will be a shutle bus [free] to take you into campus.

length: its been a while since ive been going up tehre but i live at cabramatta and i takes me form my house to the station abotu 1 half hours...btu it will depend on the relability of cityrail and whether its peak time or off peak[less trains]. so i would guess maybe nearing the 2 hour mark for you, unless you need to get there early, thre are trains early in the morning [i think it reaches me at 7.10 so yours might be earlier] and which goes straight fom cambelltown to penrith.

or you could get to granville and then take the express train to penrith and wait for a train to go back a station to kingswood[ it will be quicker]

Kulazzi

HSC
spillargroove said:
I don't think I fully realise how far it is to get there. I will be getting to Penrith by train. Would someone know how long it would take me to get there from Glenfield or East Hills?
I'm going from there as well (from Padstow). We're going to have to get the train to Glenfield (I'm catching the 7:15am from there), get off and catch the train to Granville. Get off at Granville and then catch the train to Kingswood. There, there should be a shuttle bus waiting to go to the werrington-south campus.

spillargroove

HSC
Thanks Kulazzi. How come you are getting the 7:15am? I guess because of your planned timetable schedule...?

Kulazzi

HSC
spillargroove said:
Thanks Kulazzi. How come you are getting the 7:15am? I guess because of your planned timetable schedule...?
No worries. Yes, I'm getting the 7am from padstow. Sorry, I meant I'll be at Glenfield by 7:15, so I'm going to have to catch the next train after that. If going according to schedule (you know how cityrail is :rolleyes: ), then I should reach Kingswood by 8:30ish.

klh

HSC
kingswood is where the shuttle goes, but form what is said on here it seems like its doen an extra stop...
but a friend said that he doesnt like walking alone form werrington station into the south campus, maybe he is a bit paranoid but i dont fancy that either and alot of people go to k'wood station that early anyway. If you are oging to walk from k'wood to werro south, i advise that you dont unless you want to have a good morning excercise [i mean really good hike] than you do so, but it took me abotu 15 minutes walking.

yes you ahve to start early to get there at the times, i used to wake up at 6 adn get ready than take the train at 7-ish to get tehre on time, bt ive learnt my lesson; better go late since they usually never start on the dot unless you have a really rule abiding lecturer...dont get tehre like a half an hour early, the library doesnt open till 9 anyway so youre stuck with goign up to the cafeteria...which is better than teh cold mornings i can tell you.

spillargroove

HSC
Wouldn't that mean you have to come early because you enrolled in an early lecture/tutorial?

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
get off at kingswood

catch shuttle bus

1st stop: kingswood campus
2nd stop: werrington south campus
3rd stop: another stop at werro south campus
4th stop: werro north campus

dishi

HSC
welll we had to go der for the enrolment day and from lidcombe it took us freaken 50 mins by train and plus the shuttle bus which was almost like sight seeing hmmmmm a very long trip, if u have to do it every single dayyy :burn:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)