How Far off A state ranking? (1 Viewer)

Eddykungfu

HSC
Hey guys, :p

No complaints, just wondering what you guys think I would have needed to get a state ranking in Music 1. (I know, bad scailng)

Anyways. I got a 97..

What do you think a top 10 would mean. 99? maybe even 100?

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Make a FOI application and you can find out for sure :).

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Make a FOI application and you can find out for sure :).
No, you can't get that. It would be revealing private information about another student (the one who came 10th in the course).

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
No, I don't mean asking for the 10th ranked student's scores, I mean asking for his own state rank, which you can get.

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Whats a FOI application and where?
FOI = Freedom of Information. Basically you write a letter to the Board telling them that you are requesting access to personal information (eg your state rank) and could they please comply with the application because it's the law :). It has been a massive hassle for students to get this kind of info in the past but BOS just got reamed by the Ombudsman for not being transparent enough, so recent applications appear to have been more successful lol.

ajdlinux has posted a great guide on what to put in the application, where to send it and what to ask for etc over here: http://community.boredofstudies.org...cal-arcana/230754/how-get-your-raw-marks.html

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
Costs $30 unless you're under 18 or have a concession, in which case it's $15.

And I'm not exactly sure why (anyone know?). Everything I've ever read about it just says that it's an "application fee". You can apparently make a request under the Privacy Act or something and that carries no charge, but the trade-off is 1) I don't think it's been roadtested by anyone here so the chances of success aren't known and 2) They don't have to reply within a set time limit like they do with FOI requests.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
does it?? why?
It costs money because it's a 'user pays' system for requesting information that is beyond the normal requirements. Every application has to be personally reviewed by a senior Board of Studies executive, usually the Manager of the Records Branch, and then someone has to manually write up a formal response to your request and find all the relevant information.

Hopefully, by next year the Board of Studies will have a proper system for getting this information that doesn't involve the use of FOI, so you could get it automatically through the HSC results site or something like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)