How Far Would You Go...? (1 Viewer)

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
... for a friend that is.

Nothing sexual here, just wondering what seemingly moral boundaries would you cross for the sake of a friend.

And lets say you in no way are harmed, and it's only your consceince stopping you, Would you:

Lie to protect them?
Lie to help them for their own gain?
Lie to an authorative figure?
Would you Lie for them in court (say if there was no chance of you being caught out) if they were innocent?
Lie for them in court (again, no chance of being found out) if you knew they were guilty?
Lie, just because they asked you to?

Or, would you:

Hurt a stranger to spare them?
Hurt someone you know is a good person to spare them?
Hurt someone who hurt them?

Just curious.

Redgoddess

HSC
fuck, those are hard questions.

i'd probably (and possibly have) lie to protect them
- no
- no
- yes
- maybe
- maybe

- depends what you mean by hurt, but probably
- maybe
- if my friend wanted me to, sure, but i usually get told "stay out of this, you'll only make it worse" when i'm all pissed off and good to give a good telling off or possibly punch in the face.

Skeeta

HSC
why would you have to lie if they were innocent?

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
Skeeta said:
why would you have to lie if they were innocent?
Say they were innocent but got blamed for seomthing and had no evidence that they were innocent, had no alibi, had no proof of any kind but you KNEW, fora fact, they were innocent.

Even for something lame

e.g. The ticket machine at the train station wasn't working, they then got caught for fair evasion, elected to take the matter to court, BUT had no proof the ticket machine wasn't working...
Would you go with them to court, say you were there at the time and witnessed that the machine was infact not working?

Guernica

HSC
For my best friends, yes/possibly to all of the above. For the "hurting someone" ones, it's hard to say without being in the actual situation. So they're the possiblies. The yesses are for the lying.

Dave2007

HSC
Yes to all.

However this is all hypothetical, in real life it would depend on the level of friendship with person in question, and the exact circumstances. e.g. if someone i was a friend with at age 12 wanted me to beat up the police officer who arrested him for raping 6 people, i probably wouldnt do it. But if a really good friend wanted me to lie to someone to say, get them in with a girl, or out of trouble, then yes i would.

BlackDragon

HSC
Nothing sexual here, just wondering what seemingly moral boundaries would you cross for the sake of a friend.

And lets say you in no way are harmed, and it's only your consceince stopping you, Would you:

Lie to protect them? Yes
Lie to help them for their own gain? Not sure what you mean.
Lie to an authorative figure? Yes
Would you Lie for them in court (say if there was no chance of you being caught out) if they were innocent? Yes
Lie for them in court (again, no chance of being found out) if you knew they were guilty? No
Lie, just because they asked you to? Probably not. A real friend wouldn't ask me to do this.

Or, would you:

Hurt a stranger to spare them? No
Hurt someone you know is a good person to spare them? No.
Hurt someone who hurt them? It depends. Only if it was trivial.

Just curious.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Lie to protect them? Yes
Lie to help them for their own gain? Sure, why not.
Would you Lie for them in court (say if there was no chance of you being caught out) if they were innocent? Yes
Lie for them in court (again, no chance of being found out) if you knew they were guilty? It would depend. Even if they killed someone it would come down to who they killed and why they killed them. I probably wouldn't be friends with someone who would hurt people for no reason so it would probably be yes under any circumstances.
Lie, just because they asked you to? Sure, why not.

Hurt a stranger to spare them? Spare them what? If the person I hurt was going to otherwise hurt them then yes.
Hurt someone you know is a good person to spare them? Same as above.
Hurt someone who hurt them? Definitely

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Lie to protect them? Yes
Lie to help them for their own gain? Yes
Lie for them in court (again, no chance of being found out) if you knew they were guilty? It depends what they did. Some things i dont think i could lie about. but then again, if one of my friends did something that bad they wouldnt be my friend any more. It would also depend how close a friend this is. For my closest friends i would probably do anything.
Lie, just because they asked you to? Sure, why not.

Hurt a stranger to spare them? depends what i'm 'sparing' them from. but if they needed help i would give it and if i have to hurt someone else then i guess i have to do it.
Hurt someone you know is a good person to spare them? Same as above.
Hurt someone who hurt them? Yes.

^^ this all depends how close a friend i am doing this stuff for. i have some friends i would do anything for. others perhaps not. not that i would ever refuse to help them but i think u understand what i mean.

mcs

HSC
Lie to protect them? Yes
Lie to help them for their own gain? Yes
Lie for them in court (again, no chance of being found out) if you knew they were guilty? Depends on how serious the situation I guess.
Lie, just because they asked you to? Depends, unless it is absolutely necessary I would say no.

Or, would you:

Hurt a stranger to spare them? Depends on what they are being spared from
Hurt someone you know is a good person to spare them? Same as above
Hurt someone who hurt them? Yep

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)