1200 in 40 mins, although aimed for 800-1000

quality > quantity

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
At the end of an essay the side of my hand turns black from all the smudging :p
Damn left handiness
omg yes and liquid-type pens are the worst :(
and lead pencils..you end up with it all down your hand.

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Shit... I write soo slowly compared to everyone else...
900ish in 40... How do you write faster. I know practicing will ell but any specific technique I should use while practicing
Apart from practice, I recommend using a pen which you feel most comfortable writing with (e.g. one with a grip). From my experience in HSC, I used a light-weight, inky pen which allowed me to write fluidly which was very helpful. You don't want to use a pen which feels like you are painfully scribing with a stick from writing so damn fast. Some people might disagree but that's my suggestion.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
Apart from practice, I recommend using a pen which you feel most comfortable writing with (e.g. one with a grip). From my experience in HSC, I used a light-weight, inky pen which allowed me to write fluidly which was very helpful. You don't want to use a pen which feels like you are painfully scribing with a stick from writing so damn fast. Some people might disagree but that's my suggestion.
yes, ive found liquidy pens help you write a lot quicker too.

Skeptyks

HSC
yes, ive found liquidy pens help you write a lot quicker too.
Maybe I should get a liquid pen, using papermate feels like I need to put pressure to write which I guess would slow you down... 1050~1150 words 40 minutes without stopping to think...

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Er....no. Willing to bet that you cannot do this. Definitely not in 45 minutes.
+1

"The average human being hand-writes at 31 words per minute for memorized text and 22 words per minute while copying."

Even though you might have memorized an essay, you need to mould it to the question. Your actual speed is probably max 30 words per minute equating to 1800 if you managed to write that this speed consistently for the 40 minutes which is impossible as you'd get fatigue so I estimate the maximum would be about 1400 dead set for 40 minutes.

I notice that SanjoyM seems to exaggerate everything that he says and is quite pretentious with what he has. Firstly, the school rank top 10 and no one with sub-91 ATAR. Then this "probably 1800 words" business...

I can probably write 1,800 in 45-50 minutes. However, most of my essays for Advanced and Extension English do not exceed 1, 500-600
Though my half yearly Extension 1 Engllish essay was 1, 898 words (1 hour) - it was long, but worthwhile. Received a mark of 24/25 :) My handwriting was messy though.. Thank god the teacher could read it xD
60 minutes=1898 words
45 minutes=1423.5 words

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
+1

"The average human being hand-writes at 31 words per minute for memorized text and 22 words per minute while copying."

Even though you might have memorized an essay, you need to mould it to the question. Your actual speed is probably max 30 words per minute equating to 1800 if you managed to write that this speed consistently for the 40 minutes which is impossible as you'd get fatigue so I estimate the maximum would be about 1400 dead set for 40 minutes.

I notice that SanjoyM seems to exaggerate everything that he says and is quite pretentious with what he has. Firstly, the school rank top 10 and no one with sub-91 ATAR. Then this "probably 1800 words" business...

60 minutes=1898 words
45 minutes=1423.5 words
That's 1200.

eric sparkles

HSC
i write slow, but all my friends of a more studious temperament are putting three batteries at the top of their pens, the more rambo ones benching four, is this thing psychological? their hands after half a year seem the same size =s

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i write slow, but all my friends of a more studious temperament are putting three batteries at the top of their pens, the more rambo ones benching four, is this thing psychological? their hands after half a year seem the same size =s
Some people swear by it - I however found it to be a load of bullshit though. :p

Whatever works for you - if the effect is indeed psychological, awesome. Whatever advantage helps you in the HSC, take it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)