How flexible are units within 1st - 2nd yr? (1 Viewer)

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
I just varied my program for autumn session due to the fact im trying to transfer into another business course without any implications of missing units next semester, so all went well!!!.
Ive looked at my future course that im trying to transfer in and it has a core unit that is only offered this semster only!!!!!. Now i cant do this unit now because it is not within the course of my current one.

Now when it comes to enrolling for next semester can I do that core unit for next year 2007 autumn session and grab a unit from Level 200 to substitute this one for next session this year?

I just dont know how uni is structured and if it is that felxible?

klh

HSC
Basically, if oyu know your outline and you can manage and organsiae when and what unit to do, its live and let live!
Im not following my course structure at all, of course its the consequence of my course trasnfer, but sometimes its best to consult with your coordinater if its possible. So if you know you can transfer [or believe you can] than you can sort of substitute your core unit for a so called elective and do it. A friend of mine did level 2 units which is form 2nd year in his second semester, first year to "break the monotony"...
So yes it is flexible, they only tell you to folow the course outline because then they can make sure that your units do not clash. Im lucky that the dont clahs, but another perosn i know had his clash and he made a deal with the tutor that he could not ocme and his name would stillbe ticked off [doenst always work] and left half way through lectures of another unit. So it possible, they are flexible bt beware of thigns liek clashes, lecturers who arent flexible and will not allow you to leave or say that its a par tof requirements to attend all classes.
In my second semester, first year, i did all managemtn units when i was still in B Tech and there wastn anyhing that they enforced on me like "youre not allowed to do this" blah blah blah. But like i said, consult with your coordinater, or oyr future coordinater about it adn stuff and theyll also add something aobtu beware clashes which will occur.

melodic_gal

HSC
my first year was more flexible than my second year.
my classes seem to be one after the other in the one day which isn't too bad i guess.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
My second year was more flexible than my first year. I had all cores in each semester in first year. Second year, I only had one core in each semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)