How good are your teachers? (1 Viewer)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
well back in the days of school :0

maths: haha lazy, uses same overheads every year!
english: can stand in front of the class and yab yab yab all day while no one is listening and everyone goes to sleep, doesn't care...
ipt: tries....a bit up himself, thinks his good.....ya but he gets work done
physics: can't say much, never paid attention, kinda tries, class was completely crap so even if he put in the effort, lol, it was not shown...doesn't spoon feed, so it didn't really work for us open mouths students with giant bids :p
religion: great teacher! my favourite class! knew his stuff extremely well, cause he wrote the textbooks and was hsc senior marker :)

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
my yr 12 IPT and Maths teachers and my yr 11 english teachers were gr8888888888!

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
My English teacher is great.She is only willing to help people who actually put effort in and who ask questions. If she can see your falling asleep she won't talk to you until you ackowledge she's there.

Blackalicious

HSC
English teachers 2,3,4 = total legends
Math teacher 2,3= very supportive pushes you to work really hard and sets HEAPS of homework, but thats benifical in HSC yr
Chem teacher= total bloody moron
Physics teacher= she's teaching us the entire course backwards...

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Something to do with paedophilia and that worker's declaration thing ... :p
what the hell? i have had my modern hist teacher for more than 3 yrs and my eng teacher for two years and my eco teacher for 3 yrs! in primary school i had the same teacher for 3 years...

astro

HSC
Mathematics: Writes bloody fast...but besides that she's cool, unlike last year's one.He was horrible and hated economics (prob coz he failed it)

Economics: Psychotic.....she even admitted it....other than that she's ok

English: funny but not very strict

Ancient Hist: Made 95% whole class fall asleep......i was day dreaming (luckily, with my eyes open so i got off the hook)

Modern Hist: Motor mouth

Legal studies: Normal except for the fact that she still watched Home and Away (no offence to fans of Home and Away)

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
Maths 2 and 3 unit: i've had her since year 8, thought she was scary then, but is actually a REALLY good teacher, and more than willing to help.
English: Good teacher but unfortunately has to deal with half a class of dumbasses while the rest of us get on with our work.
Ancient History: see English
Physics: Going deaf and blind, and likes telling us to "lock that into our computers". Also explains things very strangely and confuses everyone. Basically my class is teaching ourselves
Legal Studies: absolute champ of a teacher. She'll go out of her way to help us, and knows the whole thing really well

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Maths: Great teacher, makes sure you know everything.
English Advanced: Good teacher but seems to relate everything to her life all the time.
Engineering Studies: Good teacher always willing to help.
Chemistry: Great teacher but I give her more attitude then she deserves maybe its beacuse Im sick of the ROTE learning involved.
Physics: Good teacher, gets through the syllabus quickly and can relate it to life.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by _DeathlessOne_
Hey I was just wondering how good all your teachers are. Are they really good teachers who know their subject inside out and are prepared to help you or are they duds that just read from a textbook all lesson and are lazy as shit?

Heres what my teachers are like:

English: Doesnt know what shes talking about. Seems to have a habit of misenterpreting what a text is about . . .

Maths: Good teacher who knows everything about subject and is prepared to help you till the cows come home.

Chemistry: Teacher just reads from a textbook all lesson, and she cant even do that right. She misspronounces and doesnt have a clue as to what a whole lot of common words mean such as algebra :rolleyes:

IPT/History: Teachers just tells us to do questions from textbook all lesson, and dont really know what their on about.
lol sounds a bit like my teachers, so yeah some were good and some weren't so good

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by astro

But the eccentric teachers are the best ones. They tend to love their job and be fascinated by the subject.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
2u english - v v good teacher, knows what she's talking about and really pins down exactly what we need to do to get good marks
3u english - eccentric, I think you have to appreciate her style to really get anything out of her classes
4u - same teacher
ancient - she is absolutely my favourite teacher, she has been so kind to me and I absolutely adore the woman, even though she's a slavedriver :rolleyes: I feel guilty though because I don't particularly enjoy the subject
modern - she's a very good teacher, but to be honest I can't comment much because I don't get to be in the classes much cuz of timetable clashes
drama - the man hates me, I don't particularly like him either... as far as teaching goes hes pretty good
legal - very dedicated teacher and very nice man
photography - haha this is the newest deputy who I couldn't stand when she first came to the school, but she's actually a fucking legend

I'm pretty pleased :)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sugar
English : She's a good teacher, but she's too dramatic! It's funny though, cos the guys in my class make fun of her and tell her she should have done drama.

Maths : She's okay, but she tells us we are stupid indirectly. :p (I'm in the bottom 3 unit class)

Economics : She's a pretty good teacher and she gives us chocolate and lollies. But she tends to ramble a bit.

Modern History : I don't really like her because she just rambles on and she makes the lessons boring.

French :My favourite subject! I love French because my French teacher makes the lessons fun. We play games to learn the vocab. and she rewards us with lollies. She's inviting the entire french class to her place in the holidays for lunch. :p

i just realised all of my teachers are women.
all my teachers are men actually ( cept 4 1 woman) normally i have 1/2 1/2 ( as in yrs 9 and 10) but this year ( 11, and we keep the same teachers for year 12) they r like meainly men

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by *girl04*
all my teachers are men actually ( cept 4 1 woman) normally i have 1/2 1/2 ( as in yrs 9 and 10) but this year ( 11, and we keep the same teachers for year 12) they r like meainly men

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by astro
Mathematics: Writes bloody fast...but besides that she's cool, unlike last year's one.He was horrible and hated economics (prob coz he failed it)

English: funny but not very strict

Ancient Hist: Made 95% whole class fall asleep......i was day dreaming (luckily, with my eyes open so i got off the hook)

Modern Hist: Motor mouth

Legal studies: Normal except for the fact that she still watched Home and Away (no offence to fans of Home and Away)
Who's ur modern and legal teacher??????
Hey you should write for english -----> cool, bikey, fun and explains very well b/c they're all true :)

bigsim

HSC
most of my teachers are good,one teacher go's on and on and we don't actually learn much.
my english teacher is brillant because she teachers us in detail.
history is a bit of a bludge, but i'm naturally good at history, so it dosen't affect me too much:)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
modern history: bit boring at times but still a good teacher

history extention: she's really nice. problem is that i barely have her as we only have two extenstion classes a week and that the class is next door.

business studies: just crap ! makes us copy out of the textbook the whole lesson and if it's not the textbook it's the overhead = = ;; i heard she sticks a label on her cabnet saying boring studies and i wouldn't blame her because she does make the subject boring. i miss my old teacher heaps ..

maths: don't get me started ..

religion: shes as least bearable now. better then last year as i almost wanted to kill myself knowing that i had to go to her class.

english: yeah shes a good teacher and discussions in her class are fun !

Last edited:

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I have a good english teacher, which I feel fortunate since english is my weakest subject. My econonmics teacher is great, he teaches and is very enthusiastic with it, he's also my tutor. My maths and chemistry teachers are alright, physics is pretty good as well. Overall I'm pretty content with my teachers.

Lexie1001

HSC
most of my teachers are pretty great. 4u maths teacher is pretty bad but she's a really nice person so its hard to be pissed off at her. 3u maths teacher is fantastic at explaining, really nice - one of my fave teachers. english teacher is good as well and she alway brings in food for us :) my physics teacher isn't that great at teaching but our lessons are always fun since he has the sense of humour of a nine year old (in one lesson he glued all the whiteboard markers to the whiteboard with superglue to piss off the other sci teachers) and is really into physics.

so im pretty happy with my teachers....theyre more like friends for us by now. the only let down is 4u maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)