How good is the HTA modern History study guide?????? (1 Viewer)

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
Hey i just wanna get some opinions before i start sending a check to them, but how good is the HTA modern History study guide?? can anyone please gimmie their suggestions and experiences with it:D :D :D :D

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
dandaman, i spose u did germany---wot book(s) did u use for it..Our school wants us to use Republic to Reich,, wot did(or do) u use??

dandaman

lots and lots of photocopies from various things
I dont actually own a textbook for germany, but our teacher gave us lots of booklets
check out Anne McCallum tho, she's good. Look at Heinmenn Advanced History too - its designed for the England's AS syllabus but is still relevant
dont use excel.. its a piece of cr*p designed for band 2 responses.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yeah I agree Excel isn't very good, it just helps to give you a basic outline of what it is you need to study in detail for each dotpoint. We were just given lots of photocopied booklets for differnt things, we don't have a textbook.

s2ophie

HSC
i'd say the HTA book is great for WW1, good for Indochina and pointless for Germany! It's the only text book i own but i borrow some from school

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
ohh ok cool,yah i agree i had a look at the excel book in dymocks and it didnt seem good... i'll try and look for Mcallum (ive already got one of her books- Evidence of War) THanks 4 ur help guys

leilou70

I thought the HTA was pretty good, my teacher photocopied a heap of stuff from hers.

It can be a bit limiting though.

I ahve the excel book too. Its not very good. Its too confusing

Last edited:

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Originally posted by s2ophie
i'd say the HTA book is great for WW1, good for Indochina and pointless for Germany! It's the only text book i own but i borrow some from school
I agree with Soph. it's great for WW1, Indo is good, Germany=crap. There isn't enough detail in the Germany section. I think that the excel book goes in to too much detail on parts that aren't really important, especially in the WW1 section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)