How hard are your exams? (1 Viewer)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
what do you guys reckon, easier tests or harder tests?

IMO id love tests like SBHS because the mark spread is huge and if you do screw up in one exam, you do have the potential to improve dramatically whereas with easy tests you might gain like 5-10 ranks even if you do exceptionally well.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Our 3U exams seem to be relatively hard.

I think the average was around 50% for the half yearlies. Top mark was 93% and I got 2nd at 90%. Then the next highest mark was like 80%.

Obviously a nice spread means a hard exam.

q3thefish

HSC
Averaging 70% fo 3U.

Averaging 65% fo 4U.

School rank 24.

Hmmmmmmm... my average is bound to improve in the task 3 [ hehe 100% each np ].

gurmies

Drover
HSC
what do you guys reckon, easier tests or harder tests?

IMO id love tests like SBHS because the mark spread is huge and if you do screw up in one exam, you do have the potential to improve dramatically whereas with easy tests you might gain like 5-10 ranks even if you do exceptionally well.
Good point. Our exams are relatively easy, and for 3 unit if you lose one mark or so, you're out of the top ranks..

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Good point. Our exams are relatively easy, and for 3 unit if you lose one mark or so, you're out of the top ranks..
Same here.
But funnily (and extraordinarily as it never happened before) in half yearly, two people got 100% and the third was 90% at my school.

sam64mcd

HSC
............woah.
I'm from the Central Coast and am the only one in my school doing 3 unit (no 4 unit).. I've been averaging about 75%-80%. I have no chance against you people... *cries*

Pupzrollin

HSC
Very true indeed, the raw mark differences between the top 5 in our school are very minute and every mark does count a lot...eventually the guy that that comes first isn't neccessarily the smartest in the year but makes very few silly mistakes which many people make which difernetiates himself from people like you and me. ( *coughs Martin*) However, having said that ther;es still time (however short it may be)to improve our ranks!!!

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
............woah.
I'm from the Central Coast and am the only one in my school doing 3 unit (no 4 unit).. I've been averaging about 75%-80%. I have no chance against you people... *cries*
Just do past papers and work harder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)