how hard did YOU think it was? (1 Viewer)

How hard was ipt for you?

• Extremely difficult - wrote nothing

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Difficult but i managed

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 33.3%
  • Easy as

Votes: 14 31.1%
  • Best ever! going to get 100...

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters

frangipani13

HSC
just wondering what everyone thought without having to go thru 30 pages of comments or something...my teacher spoke to someone from north sydney boys who said it was the hardest ipt exam in nsw ever!! and they usually get 5 in the top 10 or so. i definitely agree with that, it was terrible! especially the ams section...bullshitted for most of it.

lil_nat_cat

HSC
I reckon it was the hardest one out of all the past ones.

I hated this exam, the other exams were much much easier than this yrs ones........weird.......

Lanz122

i also found it quite hard...some bits were easy....a lot of people thought it was so easy :s

dave-o

HSC
wasn't EXTREMELY hard yet wasn't easy... sooooooooooo AVERAGE! :p

7th Sign

HSC
hahahhahah hardest ipt exam ever

WTF

didnt he do any past hsc paper?

2001,2002,2003,2004??????????????

this was like 30% easier

i thought like most was average some parts were easy as and like 10 % of the test of the test was hard...

this exam was no where the hardest it was shit it had all this stuff not even in the syllabus and most of it was general knoledge you had to build on with ipt skills.

HSC
I thought it was a wierd test, hard yet easy at the same time but generally yes I felt i didnt get close to my potential and forgot alot of stuff that normally i know inside out. Alot of work for the timeframe.

steamroller60

Yay for no school
HSC
7th Sign

please will you marry me?
i totally agree with everything you said

i don't get what poeple are sayign that it's the hardest. i did the 2004 and 2001 papers and i thought it was easier.

there's a girl in some of my classes who did hsc ipt last year and when i asked her after the exam she said it was soooo hard. i told her she should've done ipt this year.

it wasn't sooper easy-yeah i'm going to get 100% - -but A LOT of it was exactly like you said, common sense/general knowledge just covered with some ipt words, that's all.

my options were tps and multimedia, i thought they were fine!

lil miss karly - a lot of work for the timeframe? well... it fit better into the time frame than previous ipt exams i've done (1hr paper in 3hrs) but this one was still not taxing....

HSC
steamroller60 I think it was just that there was alot of 5 and 6 markers where theres alot to be written, I was rushing in the last 20 mins to have everything answered.

steamroller60

Yay for no school
HSC
yeah, i suppose, but for a few of them you could use point form and make it like a table.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I think it is hard in the sense that it's not easy to show off... sure you can bullshit, but there was very few technical questions which required real knowledge of subject material or ability to draw diagrams. Instead the Q's were much more focussed on integration of knowledge into scenarios.

My school usually goes ok in IPT (abt 40% of students get band6, 60% get band5, and maybe one student will get band4?)... and I found the exam to be challenging in the sense that it wasn't as straightforward/obvious to get easy marks; but rather the challenge was in the way the answers were articulated and expressed.

7th Sign

HSC
yeah I thought the exam was trickey in the sense of how much you could write for some certian questions like I would like to know how the markers will award 6 marks for some of the questiosn thats why i broke each question donw and did a dot point for every thing it was asking. Yet with other questions you could write shit loads if you know about what they were going on about.

DarkPrince_87

HSC
the test was awkward is all i can say, like i wanted to get a band 5 so i studied like everything me and my gf are the test best ipt students in out yr so we did summaries on all topics together which ended up being 20 pages, i took the options home with me to study and she had the rest, i wanted more study so i read through the ipt in a month book and our actual text book as well as the summaries....i dont know if this made much of a difference but i thought i knew what i was writing about, my gf sed it was easy but she only used 6 books so i dunno if reading the text books made much of a difference but i felt confident....oh well i spose well see in like 40 days or something

frangipani13

HSC
i didn't like the exam because none of it seemed to be based on what we have learnt in ipt this year (apart from mc)...i could have answered any question on networks, communication methods, project work or watever but all the questions were fairly simple that anyone could answer if they had a half a brain and listened in class. the hardest thing about it was the way the questions were phrased...it was completely different from all the past papers i did and the fact that most quetions required a fairly long, in depth answer.

i dont think many people here do ams, but that section was SHOCKING...used terms not in syllabus and not in the major textbooks, asked for a refinement of a system diagram. my teacher is a marker and is complaining to bos about it. basically i think the people who will do best in this exam are the ones who are fast writers and good at bullshitting, which is a let down for people who actually studied everything and knew it all, only to be asked this random crap.

7th Sign

HSC
yeah fair call I am supprised more people have not complained their are a number of non syllabus questions in the paper and no ones complanied to bos? their was one questions in legal that was non syllabus and eveyr one complained? where are the complainers to bos at?

DarkPrince_87

HSC
i complained for the legal studies question because it was way out there no one could answer it unelss u did actually study it...ipt was different as ppl sed it wasnt stuff we learnt it was more basic stuff we should know, i agree how it might not differentiate the ppl who study to those who dont, i think that sux but i studied alot and found the paper not so bad, it would have been different if it was like legal studies and u couldnt attempt the queestion unless u had basic knowledge, here it was kinda common sense with a lil bit of elaboration...i believe the marking criteria will be fairly hard tho since the questions were fairly simple.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm now that results are in, I think 7 people got Band Six and 3 got Band Five.

I still stand by my.. the questions weren't hard, but being to express an articulate answer to get full marks was.

(NB. This is the only place I'm gonna say my exam mark lalalalla.. 98)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)