• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How hard is Bachelor of Commerce - Major Accounting (1 Viewer)

kslevel

HSC
N/A
can't remember codes...
3708 audit... seems really easy and straightforward in lectures but then the mcq topic tests are really hard. and they mark really hard in the assign, with it pretty much beibg impossible to get full marks. my group got 16/20 which was the best in our class. but on the plus side the exam was not too bad.
How do you revise auditing? Just do past paper and review tutorial homework?
ACCT2542 is Corporate Financial Reporting and Analysis.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Audit is something which can't really be taught in a classroom. They try to convert it into a set of rules and procedures to follow but it's the application to practical situations which makes it difficult. To put things in perspective, I've been working in audit since first year uni (as a trainee/cadet) and got a bare distinction in that course (75%) yet when I did it for my CA exams I got a merit. Not much time passed between the two but I think it's a good example of how audit differs for everyone and it's really about interpretation and application.

Back to the OP's question though, I'm inclined to think if you are able to get accepted into the B Commerce degree at UNSW, you've already shown you are able to sit exams and get through them. Whilst it's not a guarantee you'll do well, you should at least be able to get passes and credits without too much stress.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)