How hard is HSC? (1 Viewer)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Just wondering how hard is the HSC? Is it as hard as thoes math/science/english competitions that is held every year?

nahian

HSC
Nahh man
HSC is such a blast...
I dunno why people worry soo much, its so much easier then the competitions..
*Cough

dora_18

HSC
Just wondering how hard is the HSC? Is it as hard as thoes math/science/english competitions that is held every year
that question deserves the response of
"hahahah"

but honestly.....HSC is easy...uni is the bitch to look out for...

Last edited:

Number7

HSC
HSC is easy if you do your work, as with anything. But it's hard to "do your work" :)

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
dora_18 said:
that question deserves the response of
"hahahah"

but honestly.....HSC is easy...uni is the bitch to look out for...
ok lol

A l

HSC
N/A
It's not painfully hard, but it's not piss easy either.....
As long as you know your material, at least getting above state average won't be a problem.

Alleluia

UAI99
HSC
It depends on ur Aim for UAI. If u wanna achieve band6, then its hard for u anyway even if u do lots of studies.....

James747

HSC
Alleluia said:
It depends on ur Aim for UAI. If u wanna achieve band6, then its hard for u anyway even if u do lots of studies.....
O, really..... :S Is getting a band 6 really that hard?

LynH1326

HSC
Well I'm doing it right now... I'm not too worried about it all, but that's cuz I do most of my homework, do my assignments with plenty of time to spare and try not to let others at school worry me. Besides, I'm too excited about what the end of the year will bring!

Someone once said to me that it's only as hard as you make it!

lala2

Banned
HSC
No--it won't be as hard as those competitions. Why? Those competitions are designed to test...actually, I'm not sure what. But the HSC--you have a set of syllabus dot points and/or skills (for maths) and/or essays to learn. That is all. It is simply a memorising game.

e.g. I have only ever gotten one HD in my life (that was for writing) and I didn't get band 6's for either Advanced or Extension 1 English, and I got Participation for Science one year and between Bio and Chem, got an average of 89.5. Also, for a more consistent example--have always been 'credit' in Maths (and got lower 'credit' every year from Year 8 onwards), and got 94 for both 2U and 3U Maths.

Anyway, as for your question of band 6's--consistent study and knowing how to answer the question for sciences--your verbs! of 'discuss', 'evaluate', etc, plenty of practice questions for maths, and knowing how to twist your thesis to suit the question for English. It's only as hard as you make it. Anything else--not sure, but I'm sure others can help here!

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
so many high school kiddies commenting without doing it before...interesting.

hsc is shit easy, do not waste your time worrying about it because you have far more important things to do like pondering where your eternal soul will end up and how to convince bouncers you in fact are over 18.

lala2

Banned
HSC
uni is a bitch too...every semester = 1 HSC in 13 weeks, so be prepared!

frootloop

HSC
In retrospect, the HSC wasn't hard. It was the stress- the feeling of impending doom, the mentality that 'If I screw this up, I've got no future' that made it hard. Oh, and worrying about scaling and aligning and rankings and whatnot. But seriously, it's only as hard as you allow it to be...

The HSC is like a game... just figure out what the markers want (marking guidelines, marking criteria, past papers, model response books, syllabus dot points) and give it to them!

You have so many resources at your disposal. You have plenty of time (it seems as though you don't but really you do... provided that you're at least moderately organised), *ahem* "instant-notes" in the resource section (if you get desperate ;) ), not to mention a huge support and information network here at BOS.

You certainly don't have all that when you get to uni!

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Thanks for sharing guys, i am in year 10 and i am worried :mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)