Well yeaa..

If u have a shitty teacher i guess...

Ahh well..

uai aim : ??? as long as im in uni :)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
emytaylor164 said:
Personally i am not finding it that hard as long as you know your stuff and know how to apply it your fine but then again it is one of my strong subjects
I thought my IPT trial exam was impossible but I flew with flying colours.

pezdog

HSC
Way harder than anyone in my class expected (including Me). First term last year was easy as on the computers every lesson. 2nd term we get a new teacher and we write more notes in that lesson than we have in the whole first term lol.

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
IPT is all theory. Learn your stuff and you should know all you need to know (even if it doesn't seem like it).

IPT questions have the habit of confusing you, because you think you don't know what it's talking about, but you actually do know. Usually your first instinct is the right one (especially in multiple choice).

Hazaroth

HSC
It's more the fact that the exams are all theory (or that close to it). Although, the assignments aren't. The IPT course is centred more around theory, but you still need to learn and understand the practical components.

I wouldn't say it's greatly difficult. At times it can be a little hard to get your head around though. Then again, IPT is one of my strong points. As long as you focus on the work and make sure you understand everything relatively well, you should be fine. If you have any problems be sure to ask either the teacher or one of the other students. If you'd like to ask me then I'll be happy to help where I can. Just PM me if you have any questions.

LiLi.azndoll

HSC
N/A
i dont find ipt too hard. I have a crap teacher this year but its still pretty good.

But i hate having to know the context diagrams and dfd's.

HSC
Is this a joke thread? Lol.....

The only thing I hated about IPT is multi-choice. Gime a long question, and I can write a book on the answer, but multi-choice has a way of confusing you.

Anyway...learn stuff about computing. Computing is the easiest thing to get into, because we have the internet, which is directly associated with computing.

The source of good grades in computing:

http://www.google.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

KJ123

HSC
The IPT course isn't that hard but I've got a really good teacher

we have already learnt all the course before the 1/2 yearlys!!!

Tip: constant summary of notes will help cause when test time starts its a nightmare!!! (I've had the experience)

HSC
Maybe the '07 students should put up their notes on the web somewhere?

I have an absolute ton of notes, which would probably benefit a lot of people.

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Maybe the '07 students should put up their notes on the web somewhere?

I have an absolute ton of notes, which would probably benefit a lot of people.
LOL..i would but i just studied out of the textbook o_O // well from what i recalled...last year's paper was basically all ethical issues...minus the multiple choice..so it wasn't that bad for me...but im not sure about other topics

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
ipt imo is a 'non-thinking' subject - as long as memorise the textbook and reguritate it in the exam you'll be fine...rather ironic as i came 1st and its my 'bludge' subject...

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
hollyy. said:
ipt imo is a 'non-thinking' subject - as long as memorise the textbook and reguritate it in the exam you'll be fine...rather ironic as i came 1st and its my 'bludge' subject...
Well, there is some skill involved in fact e.g. identifying redundant tables to enforce referential integrity as well as analysis and problem solving skills (useful in engineering).

Nonetheless the rote-learning part is brilliant.

Also, rote learning technology from a textbook older than a few years is not a good idea, chances are, floppy disk won't be seen as a current for of technology in future HSC exams because current and emerging technology at a current point in time is the focus.

fjnpenguin

HSC
dizzyizzy said:
Our teacher is terrible = It's terrible.....=(
guess wht! my teacher is terrible too! his been telling us that our TXT book is on its way since the start of the yr. our half yearlies was on bs tht he talked to us since the start of the yr and we have to notebook as he told us not to write any notes. thus we couldnt study. i duno if i am gona survive yr12 ipt :mad1:

andyunderpants

HSC
KJ123 said:
The IPT course isn't that hard but I've got a really good teacher

we have already learnt all the course before the 1/2 yearlys!!!

Tip: constant summary of notes will help cause when test time starts its a nightmare!!! (I've had the experience)
WOAH THATS INSANE!!

ipt is easy peasy. just theory i recommend you get the IPT Excel HSC. it is teh SEXXX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)