How hard is it to find a casual job? (1 Viewer)

mudcake42

HSC
So if I'm accepted for late round, I need to find a casual job.

Is it very hard to find a casual job in canberra? Are there many casual jobs about?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
While I haven't been looking for casual work for quite a while now, anecdotally there is loads of work around. Obviously you need to be willing to work retail/similar though.

And as for where to look that depends on where you are going to live. Assuming you'll be living on campus/in the inner north then:
- Supabarn in civic (a supermarket)
- Woolies in Dickson
- There are hundreds of retailers in the Canberra Centre (civic)
- It's a quick and convenient bus-ride to Belconnen Mall where there is a Coles, Woolies and all the other usual retailers.

blacksunset

HSC
it has been said that if you cant get a job in canberra - there is something wrong with you.
trust me - there is SO much work around. you wont have a problem

mudcake42

HSC
another question actually.

How hard is it to find appropiate off campus accomodation? I've only got two weeks to find accomadation after the late round and I really don't want to end up in some seedy or broken down flat with leaks lol

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Accomodation can be very hard to find - especially at this time of year. Canberra has one of (if not the) lowest rental vacancy rates in the country. There are not a lot of properties which cater for students renting alone, which basically restricts you to sharehousing.

Start looking on allhomes.com.au to get a feel for what's out there.

jas0nt

HSC
N/A
agree with the above post.

now is not a good time to look for accommodation... better start living in motels for a while lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)