How hard is it to find a job? (1 Viewer)

aqwerty13402

HSC
The title of this thread reeks, but I do have a job, I just didn't get it traditionally. My current job I got by volunteering with service hours for a school portfolio then it turned into a casual job, so I've never really needed to look into normal applications if that makes sense. But I HATE the job, and I want to be looking for new casual jobs during the HSC period so I can make some money during the break. I'd like to just do normal casual work, preferable as a cashier since I'd like to keep it simple for my first job like that. How difficult is it to find jobs like that and get employed (In ur opinion/experience)

wildwestworm

HSC
I work as a cashier at Coles and it was surprisingly really easy to get the job😭 I got rejected from Target though, they asked me a lot of 'what would you do in this situation' type of questions at the interview and I did terrible answering them 💀 but Coles only asked me my personal info and availability so I didn't have the opportunity to embarrass myself too much. You have some work experience too though so I think it'll be easier for you, I didn't have prior experience

aqwerty13402

HSC
I work as a cashier at Coles and it was surprisingly really easy to get the job😭 I got rejected from Target though, they asked me a lot of 'what would you do in this situation' type of questions at the interview and I did terrible answering them 💀 but Coles only asked me my personal info and availability so I didn't have the opportunity to embarrass myself too much. You have some work experience too though so I think it'll be easier for you, I didn't have prior experience
thank yoouuuu. I actually (somehow) landed a job at coles when I was 16. Then i didn't like the online training so I ghosted my manager. I actually don't know why I did that I hope it doesnt ruin my chance if i reapply lmao.

aqwerty13402

HSC
Also if its not too weird, what's your rate?

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
It wasn't easy for me to get the Coles job (which I did not get):angryfire:

but now I work a nicer job, which wasn't too hard to get

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
I actually got a Target job off the back of others. We had to do this group work thing where we had to pitch different items to customers, and when it was our group's turn to present I'd quickly stick my hand up to be the voice of my group (even though I came up with barely any ideas lol). They seemed to like that as I got myself a job.

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)