how hard is it to get 90uai (1 Viewer)

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
Hi iam just wondering how hard is it to get it?? for example if 100 people done it how many people would actually get it.... Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere else :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
warstalker said:
Hi iam just wondering how hard is it to get it??
This is different for everyone, if you do your best in all your exams and assessments, and put in the effort, I'm sure you can achieve it. ;)
warstalker said:
for example if 100 people done it how many people would actually get it....
It's around 12-15% over the state, to be very general, not sure of the exact percentage from last year.
warstalker said:
Sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere else :p
Click here

Last edited:
HSC
Your UAI is a rank. If you get over 90, that means you are in the top 10% of your year 10 group.

So out of a hundred people in year 10 (including those that are dropping out), theoretically 10 of them should get above 90

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
As for how hard it is, that depends on what you define as "hard".

I know some people who got 99+ and thought the HSC was a piece of cake. Personally I don't reckon I worked very hard at all until right before the trials, and I got 98.20. You should have some idea of where you are ranked in your school, and where your school is ranked in your grade. If you feel like you're not having much difficulty and your school is reasonably well-ranked, then 90+ shouldn't be a problem for you.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
chinesefireball said:
Your UAI is a rank. If you get over 90, that means you are in the top 10% of your year 10 group.

So out of a hundred people in year 10 (including those that are dropping out), theoretically 10 of them should get above 90
Yup, and to extend on that: if we are figuring the drop outs in then if say 20 of those 100 drop then 12.5% of the people would get 90.:)

Undertoad

HSC
As long as you continually work throughout the year you should be able to get there. As everyone else says it depends on your subjects and how well you normally do but the hard work will pay off, you may get 95+

666_blessings

Hi! I'm Alan...
HSC
A 90 uai isn't that hard to get. I managed a 92.3 with mid 70 marks for most of my units (admittedly having 4u maths and 4u english does help). Effort was minimal but I'd suggest working your ass off anyway.

Last edited:

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
something_funny said:
i guess it kind of depends on what subjects you are doing?
No, it doesn't. Anyone doing any combination of subjects can get 90+ as long as they work hard all year and do well in their exams. It's that easy, and it's completely independent of what subjects you're doing. As long as you do well, you're fine.

I_F

warstalker

I dunno
HSC
hehe i can say i go to an average school but i would say iam in the top range of that school. Subjects i do are 3 and 4unit math, physics, business studies , SOR 2unit and advanced english:)

SO yeah i was just asking for 90 but i need around 94 or 95 to get into Commerce in USYD... do i have a good chance... about my ranks iam sure i can get all of them in the top 10 and some even 1st 2nd or 3rd.. Classes are usually 20 to 30 people. Only english i am not that confident iam around band 5 area and sometimes unfortunately very high band 4s so yeah what do you guys think...chances that i can get 95??

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
warstalker said:
hehe i can say i go to an average school but i would say iam in the top range of that school. Subjects i do are 3 and 4unit math, physics, business studies , SOR 2unit and advanced english:)

SO yeah i was just asking for 90 but i need around 94 or 95 to get into Commerce in USYD... do i have a good chance... about my ranks iam sure i can get all of them in the top 10 and some even 1st 2nd or 3rd.. Classes are usually 20 to 30 people. Only english i am not that confident iam around band 5 area and sometimes unfortunately very high band 4s so yeah what do you guys think...chances that i can get 95??
Sounds to me like you're on the right track.

It's still hard to tell because you've only completed a small part of your HSC course. If you keep up the top 10 rankings, you should be able to get in the 90+ range, and if you can get into the top 3, then USyd Commerce is yours!

blueyez

HSC
i cant really offer advice on getting a good uai coz i havnt done my hsc yet, i just thought id comment anyway.

my dad promised me a trip to america if i can get a uai above 90. most of the courses im interested in require 80-85 so it doesnt really matter for me...

... wouldnt mind a trip to america though.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
blueyez said:
my dad promised me a trip to america if i can get a uai above 90. most of the courses im interested in require 80-85 so it doesnt really matter for me...

Wow you're very fortunate to have a Dad like that! I guess the incentive makes you work harder for it eh? Not a bad deal. :lol:

P

pLuvia

That's what my mum did if I made it into selective, but it didn't work out ahha

yinyin

HSC
N/A
if u r in a selective, how many % will ur uai increase?
Does this sentence make sense?

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
well it depends. if you got to a good one with good past results you'll be scaled like a mofo. like my raw assesment for mx1 was 72 and my hsc assesment was 94 and i went to normo. so whatever the school has a good rep will mean you will get scaled better. how much will the uai increase by? only God knows that.

P

pLuvia

yinyin said:
if u r in a selective, how many % will ur uai increase?
Does this sentence make sense?
Being in selective doesn't mean anything if you don't do well, there is no exact percentage increase for going to selective, it varies on how well you do

Last edited by a moderator:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
blueyez said:
i cant really offer advice on getting a good uai coz i havnt done my hsc yet, i just thought id comment anyway.

my dad promised me a trip to go overseas if i get a uai of 75+ in year10 :p. but yeah despite that were still going overseas at the end of the year lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)