How hard is it to get a 96 ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Seb160066

HSC
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but I'm a student from nz so I'm not really too sure about how any of the NZ NCEA to australian atar system works. I've received a conditional offer for a UNSW co-op, and the last requirement to accept the schol is a 96 ATAR so I'm sort of stressing about it.

idkkdi

HSC
I'm not sure if this is a dumb question, but I'm a student from nz so I'm not really too sure about how any of the NZ NCEA to australian atar system works. I've received a conditional offer for a UNSW co-op, and the last requirement to accept the schol is a 96 ATAR so I'm sort of stressing about it.
basically no one who gets coop doesn't meet the atar requirement. but idk about ur conversion.

Etho_x

HSC
N/A
I would check on the UNSW website of what is expected for you as an international student. That being said, I have looked at a couple of degrees on the website now and UNSW seems to have not properly elaborated on NZ conversions to ATAR (see picture). Judging from this, I would say your best of action would be to contact the university and enquire RE: conversions.

Hope this helps.
1670589520910.png

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Your question is completely valid, especially given that you are not a NSW HSC student and are looking to study in a country other than the one where you are finishing school.

Essentially, with the maximum ATAR being 99.95, an ATAR of 96 can be classified as being on the more difficult and demanding end of the spectrum. This means that, in order for a NSW HSC student to achieve an ATAR of at least 96, it is preferred that they achieve HSC results in the band 6/E4 region across their subjects. A band 6 is a mark of 90 and above (out of 100) and a band E4 is a mark of 45 and above (out of 50).

In terms of the results in the New Zealand NCEA that would be considered as equivalent to an ATAR of 96, in addition to the importance of taking at least 80 credits at level 3, at least 50 of those would need to be endorsed with Excellence (the higher this number, the higher the chance of being made an unconditional offer). From what I have observed, it seems that results of this standard would place you in a good position and will hopefully give you a good chance of converting your conditional offer into an unconditional one.

I hope this helps! :D

Seb160066

HSC
Your question is completely valid, especially given that you are not a NSW HSC student and are looking to study in a country other than the one where you are finishing school.

Essentially, with the maximum ATAR being 99.95, an ATAR of 96 can be classified as being on the more difficult and demanding end of the spectrum. This means that, in order for a NSW HSC student to achieve an ATAR of at least 96, it is preferred that they achieve HSC results in the band 6/E4 region across their subjects. A band 6 is a mark of 90 and above (out of 100) and a band E4 is a mark of 45 and above (out of 50).

In terms of the results in the New Zealand NCEA that would be considered as equivalent with an ATAR of 96, in addition to the importance of taking at least 80 credits at level 3, at least 50 of those would need to be endorsed with Excellence (the higher this number, the higher the chance of being made an unconditional offer). From what I have observed, it seems that results of this standard would place you in a good position and will hopefully give you a good chance of converting your conditional offer into an unconditional one.

I hope this helps! :D
Okay that helps alot thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)