• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how hard is it to maintain a distinction/credit average (1 Viewer)

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
I just couldn't imagine why else you would point out that someone simply chooses not to study that much, not that they don't have a choice.
When I made the the reply you are referring to, it was because the person I was responding to, seemed to suggest that if you have a high average mark then it necessarily follows that you have no life. That is unture and misleading and I hoped that my reply would indicate to people that you can have a life with extra curriculars along with doing lots of study. In many cases, whether or not you achieve such a balance depends on whether or not you want to and not on whether or not you can. This is especially the case if you have well below 20 contact hours per week.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well perhaps, but there is also travel etc... I think it's fair to say in a course like medicine someone whom is doing 7-8 hours on top of their contact hours every day probably doesn't have much of a life. Perhaps towards the end of a degree where you have less contact hours or in an honours year.. but I can't really imagine taking 8 hours out of every day on top of uni in most courses and still being able to maintain a decent social life.

Not that it makes u a lesser person or anything... it's definately amazing for someone to maintain a near-HD gpa average throughout medicine.. and it's not although studying 7-8 hours a day is an 'easy' task.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)