how hard is it to transfer from tafe to uni?@v (1 Viewer)

over9k

HSC
im planning to do commerce@UNSW after completing a TAFE degree in accounting rather than aiming for macq. uni... but does anyone know how hard it is to transfer to unsw?

it says on the UNSW website that they accept credit avgs with no fails, if i manage to do that, what happens next..? am i automatically guaranteed a position in that course? what 'year' do i become enrolled in @ UNI? 1st year? 2nd?

btw since i get a certIV dip from TAFE.. do i have to re-learn all of the 1st year unsw material? btw another stupid question but- how hard is it to get credit avgs? what is it comparable to? band 5 or band 6 HSC?

dm4n

HSC
if u do get in u should be able to get credit for subjects which are similar to subjects you've completed at tafe. Im assuming u'll need at least a distinction average since commerce at unsw isnt easy to get into but good luck anyway

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
well considering the course is from last count, 96?? then you would be expecting i think at least a high band 5 average since that is probaly the equivalent for students who get into commerce??

however, i would like to point out that hsc and uni are quite uncomparable due to the workload involved is different, as it is with tafe to uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)