How hard is lateral entry medicine at UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Momentazeus

HSC
How many people try taking that route? Also does anyone know what a 7.0 gpa converts to? How many people make UNSW medicine through lateral entry?

jamal123999

HSC
Each year, 1200 people take UNSW medical science with the aim of lateral entry. Every year, 10 people are allowed to transfer to med via lateral entry. So you are competing against 1200 other people, for 10 places.

fatBatman

HSC
Do biomed to try and get into med at unsw
and say if you do biomed for like 1 year and get lateral entry for unsw medicine does that mean your gonna be in unsw medicine secomd year or first year ???

jamal123999

HSC
and say if you do biomed for like 1 year and get lateral entry for unsw medicine does that mean your gonna be in unsw medicine secomd year or first year ???
if you get lateral entry in ur 1st year, you'll start unsw medicine in the second year
but its like 0.001% chance thats gonna happen because theres so much competition

Momentazeus

HSC
if you get lateral entry in ur 1st year, you'll start unsw medicine in the second year
but its like 0.001% chance thats gonna happen because theres so much competition
Would you part of part of the new cohort for next year in med or would you continue on analogously with the cohort that started the combined med course when you started biomed? My plan was to try and do the first year transfer thing and so what I was thinking was that if I chose biomed, I could try the first year transfer and if I don't make it, try out after finishing the biomedical science degree.

Momentazeus

HSC
Do you know how many hours people who do biomed tend to study a day?

Last edited:

jamal123999

HSC
Would you part of part of the new cohort for next year in med or would you continue on analogously with the cohort that started the combined med course when you started biomed? My plan was to try and do the first year transfer thing and so what I was thinking was that if I chose biomed, I could try the first year transfer and if I don't make it, try out after finishing the biomedical science degree.
no you would start as 1st year,

to make it clearer
lets say im 2022 grad class
ur 2023 grad class

I dont make it into med. I go biomed, i do well, they let me lateral transfer into med.
You make it into med
The year is 2024. We are in the same class, we are both freshmen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)