How hard is Prelim Physics. (1 Viewer)

ZachBC_94

HSC
I am doing my H.S.C. over two years, and am thinking that I might like to pick up Physics (since I want to study it at university). Obviously, this means that I have skipped the first two terms of work in the prelim course. How hard are these terms (considering that I can do 4 unit mathematics to a high standard [sitting at a lower E4 at the moment]) and can I catch up the work in 10 weeks with 6 units of the H.S.C. to do as well?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Prelim physics is pretty easy for the most part. However HSC Physics is very different to university physics.

JayCakie

HSC
I think preliminary Physics is much harder than the HSC physics, mainly because you're trying to understand something you hardly know about. It's not like an English exam or anything like my humanities subjects where all the concepts completely flow on.

But yes you must be able to understand Preliminary physics to understand HSC physics. And HSC physics is nothing near University physics. That shit is scary, unless you're planning on doing like Engineering or something.

Also don't be disheartened if you do badly in year 11 in Physics. My average in year 11 was 35% overall. Now in Year 12 my average is around 85% overall. Just work really hard, it pays off.

Best of luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)