• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How hard is Q9 and 10 in the HSC? (1 Viewer)

rsingh

HSC
Hey guys, HSC is lurking around the corner.
I was doing some past maths paper the other day, and counted some rather difficult Q9 and 10 (even Q7 & 8). Apparently a lot of ppl agree that Q9 and 10 are usually quite difficult.

So, what exactly are we expecting at the end of the paper this yr, and does anyone know how to master these annoying Q9 and 10s??

Thanks.

tempco

HSC
rsingh said:
So, what exactly are we expecting at the end of the paper this yr, and does anyone know how to master these annoying Q9 and 10s??
practice, practice and more practice.

mouldy_bread

HSC
can't help you - i failed q's 9 and 10 incredibly badly.

but i'll blame the green day concert from the night before, the 3 hours sleep i got, my lack of studying, and the fact that 9 and 10 were ridiculously illogical questions in the first place.

rama_v

HSC
I dont think they are extremely difficult, especially in 2 unit. Question 9 especially. Question 10 is sometimes hard but if you think logically you should have mroe than enough tiem to complete it. I remembered that I couldnt do a single question 10 earlier in teh year, but now they are getting much easier, its jut a matter of practising difficult questions. I feel most of teh hard questions just ask you to combine many skills you learnt in the course...Just make sure your algebra manipulation skills is up to scratch..good luck :)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
nekkid said it best. Or you could pray for a relatively easy and doable q10 such as last years one :D. Other then that, i guess my strategy was blitzing through the first 8 or so questions in about an hour and leaving me plenty of time to just stare at q 10, especially if it was hard, and somehow manage to find a way to get the answer by experimenting with different solutions

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
acmilan said:
nekkid said it best. Or you could pray for a relatively easy and doable q10 such as last years one :D. Other then that, i guess my strategy was blitzing through the first 8 or so questions in about an hour and leaving me plenty of time to just stare at q 10, especially if it was hard, and somehow manage to find a way to get the answer by experimenting with different solutions
nice strategy... but trying to get through 1-8 in 1 hour ...I know for a fact i would get a load of silly errors... (something i need to work on)

my strategy for my half yearly was to get through 1-6 in 1 hour... 7,8,9 in 1 hour... and 10 1 hour

lol.. it turned out to be a relatively short exam... I finished in 2 hours lol....

but interesting strategy acmilan... I do recall u ended up recieving a raw mark of 118/120 if i am not mistaken!... Well done!... I shall work to beat it by getting 119/120.... which i think was your scaled mark....

*runs to maths book viciously...*

.....*physician just remebered he has an english assessment to work on*... oh well.... maybe later....

HSC
mouldy_bread said:
can't help you - i failed q's 9 and 10 incredibly badly.

but i'll blame the green day concert from the night before
Imagine stuffing up your HSC for a Green Day concert... I'd personally rather stuff up my HSC and miss the concert. But anyway, get your tutor or teacher (if thats allowed) to write you some questions in the vein of the last HSC questions so that you're used to thinking that way. And I also thought about this, I don't know how useful it would be, but if you really knew the reasoning behind the maths and the theories/formulas it may help in working out an approach for those questions

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
physician said:
nice strategy... but trying to get through 1-8 in 1 hour ...I know for a fact i would get a load of silly errors... (something i need to work on)

my strategy for my half yearly was to get through 1-6 in 1 hour... 7,8,9 in 1 hour... and 10 1 hour

lol.. it turned out to be a relatively short exam... I finished in 2 hours lol....

but interesting strategy acmilan... I do recall u ended up recieving a raw mark of 118/120 if i am not mistaken!... Well done!... I shall work to beat it by getting 119/120.... which i think was your scaled mark....

*runs to maths book viciously...*

.....*physician just remebered he has an english assessment to work on*... oh well.... maybe later....
Why not go for 120/120 :uhhuh:

physician

HSC
acmilan said:
Why not go for 120/120 :uhhuh:
yes...hmmm ...u do have a point (obviously)... i'm not even sure if the 119 is in my reach seeing as i've allready lost over 4 marks from my assessments....

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
physician said:
yes...hmmm ...u do have a point (obviously)... i'm not even sure if the 119 is in my reach seeing as i've allready lost over 4 marks from my assessments....
Are you first? If so it is definitely in your reach. Remember that if youre first youll get your exam mark as your school mark, assuming you get the highest mark in the HSC exam. I finished with an average of about 92% in internal assessments.

physician

HSC
acmilan said:
Are you first? If so it is definitely in your reach. Remember that if youre first youll get your exam mark as your school mark, assuming you get the highest mark in the HSC exam. I finished with an average of about 92% in internal assessments.
No unfortunately i'm not 1st but i am 2nd but 1st is well in reach of a 98-100 ... i just have to make sure i get near 100 for my next 3 assessments...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)