How hard is SOR2? (1 Viewer)

omgshquyen

HSC
N/A
How difficult is SOR2? What's involved with this subject?

I'm asking because I'm worried about the workload, as I have 14 units next year in 2012.

I originally picked SOR1, but the Asst. Principal swayed me to pick SOR2 or pick up a 1U subject at the interview. I chose SOR2 because I didn't want to stretch myself out over 8 subjects.

All comments/answers are appreciated, thanks.

Chahoud

HSC
Hey man it's not hard I do it and it's just an extra two topic and scales really well I personally find it heaps more interesting and easier than sor1 :)

omgshquyen

HSC
N/A
Hey man it's not hard I do it and it's just an extra two topic and scales really well I personally find it heaps more interesting and easier than sor1 :)
Okay, thank you for your opinion. But if I find the the workload overwhelming with 14 units, I'm probably going to switch Legal Studies to Sports, Lifestyle and Recreation.

Last edited:

lockedbox

HSC
The workload is not overwellming but your sucess at it hinges on the teacher you have, If you have a mediocre teacher you will have to put in the hard yards yourself in order to do well which will really increase the workload. Personally I find that the content of this course is very confusing and slightly abstract so I'm not doing well. My teacher explains thing in a very confusing way, shes a lovely lady but she's no good at teaching religion, which make this subject a royal pain in the behind. Try it out and see how ou go, if you have a good teacher stick with it, if not I'd consider dropping down to 1 unit. 1 unit has essentialy the same content as two unit, but less of it.

the first chunk of it is the easiest, it concerns aboriginal spirituality (and all the political issues attached) the religious "climate" or make up of australia (and how it changes over time) and the purpose and effect of religion in society. this constitutes of short answer questions and multiple choice.

the second chunk is much harder, you need to learn three religions inside out, (either christianity, buddhism, hindi, islam or judaism) learning a significant person/movement, practice and an ethical issue. You will need to answer short answer questions and write essays about all of these things.

Then you will need to learn about how two religions contribute to world peace.

Its all pretty confusing to me, so I would reccomend downloading an hsc paper so you can see how its all set out and see what you'll be expected to do.

Last edited:

noworriez1

HSC
N/A
it depends

my teachers are shit (for all except english) and i usually doing the work myself

its deifnitely not hard

its one of the easiest subject (imo) EXCEPT for the short answers/multiple choice part

omg, they are fuckin ridiculous

the questions and possible answers are all shockingly thought up (well most, anway)

the essays are the easiest part

omgshquyen

HSC
N/A
Okay, thanks for sharing your experiences, they've been really helpful.

@lockedbox I took your advice and looked at a past paper. Didn't seem too hard to me, so I'm quite relieved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)