How hard is the Prelim Physics topics? (1 Viewer)

Cryptic

HSC
N/A
Hey,

I was just wondering (for those who have done physics ofc), which topic of prelim physics would you say is the hardest?

- The World Communicates
- Electrical energy in the home
- Moving about
- The cosmic engine

Maybe rank from least hardest to the hardest or vise versa?

Cheers!

tazmim

HSC
IMO the world communicates is just a lengthy topic that requires constant revision and practice.
Electrical energy at home is the hardest topic for me to grasp tbh
Moving about is just calculations and some understanding . Easy with practice. It's just maths and formulas
Cosmic engine is like the world communicates but the easiest one of them all for me .but creates a foundation for astrophysics if u have extra research

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
IMO the world communicates is just a lengthy topic that requires constant revision and practice.
Electrical energy at home is the hardest topic for me to grasp tbh
Moving about is just calculations and some understanding . Easy with practice. It's just maths and formulas
Cosmic engine is like the world communicates but the easiest one of them all for me .but creates a foundation for astrophysics if u have extra research
Yeah I would agree with this. Cosmic engine is a probably the most interesting one of the 4 topics, but at the same time is probably the easiest

Shuuya

HSC
Hardest to least hardest:

1. Moving About
2. Electrical Energy in the Home
3. The World Communicates
4. The Cosmic Engine

Most people might disagree but I just couldn't wrap my head around Moving About

the_matrix

HSC
IMO:

Most interesting and applicable to life one would be The World Communicates
Electrical energy is the hardest
Moving about eh this was a boring topic
Cosmic engine my horrible teacher ruined my experience in this topic - this is when I officially lost interest in physics and sadly had to endure boredom and lack of motivation throughout the HSC

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Moving About - Maths basically so just practice
Electrical Energy in the Home - Hardest one for me took a while to understand some stuff
World Communicates - Memorise some definitions and things like electromagnetic spectrum and practice calculations
Cosmic Engine - Barely learnt anything in school, had no time, but seemed like a lot of memorising

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Hardest to least hardest:

1. Moving About
2. Electrical Energy in the Home
3. The World Communicates
4. The Cosmic Engine

Most people might disagree but I just couldn't wrap my head around Moving About
^

chickencoop

HSC
Hardest -> easiest:
1. cosmic
2. moving about
3. electricity
4. world communicates

All 4 topics are very alike to the year 12 syllabus so make sure that if u wish to continue physics for your HSC that you quickly amend any weaknesses in your knowledge.

Personally i think year 11 and year 12 HSC physics are rather alike with the minor differences being that year 12 has a slight more focus on lengthy responses rather than calculations.

also it depends on what textbook you are using, because some textbooks such as Physics in focus just teaches things more clearly and concisely than jacaranda etc

mkv_86

HSC
1) moving about
2) the world communicates
3) electrical energy
4) the cosmic engine
Hard to easy

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

andrew12678

HSC
Easiest-Moving About
2nd Easiest-Electrical Energy
Justification for above 2-You basically only get calculations which aren't really that difficult-no calculus (approx as hard as Yr11 2U maths)
2nd Hardest-Cosmic
Hardest-World Communicates
Justification for above 2-you can interchange both of them-they are really just rote heavy topics and you will be expected to answer long responses eg. 5/6 markers which are areas you can easily lose marks if you don't have a holistic understanding of the entire topic (can combine different parts of the syllabus) and secondly it's just boring. Calculations on the other hand-you know if you receive the marks or not so there's an added security

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)