How hard will it be to get 85 atar with these subjects? (1 Viewer)

cloud_berry

HSC
- Standard maths 2
- Standard english
- Visual arts
- Geography
-Biology

My old school specifically said to not worry about scaling but I honestly wish I hadn’t listened to them. I don’t have the motivation to study like 3+ hours a day consistently, maybe like 1 hour a day at most and 3 hours on the weekends.

thetestdude

HSC
Uni Grad
It’s not hard. But you will need to study more. I don’t think an hour a day will be enough.

Etho_x

HSC
- Standard maths 2
- Standard english
- Visual arts
- Geography
-Biology

My old school specifically said to not worry about scaling but I honestly wish I hadn’t listened to them. I don’t have the motivation to study like 3+ hours a day consistently, maybe like 1 hour a day at most and 3 hours on the weekends.
85 ATAR is very achievable with those subjects. As thetestdude said above, 1 hour a day isn't really going to cut it because you have 5 subjects. Nor will 3 hours on the weekend. If you want 85 you'll be looking at doubling those hours as it gives you more time to get everything done and revise if you don't have anything to do. If you find it hard to study at first, take it easy and slowly raise up the hours you spend studying to give yourself time to adjust. This way, progressively you'll be able to adapt to longer periods of study which will give you more opportunity to work on all of your subjects equally.

andeeeeeeee

HSC
- Standard maths 2
- Standard english
- Visual arts
- Geography
-Biology

geography actually scales really well if you put the effort in - a 93 typically puts you in the 99+ atar range :))

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)