How has your perception of your UAI changed this morning? (1 Viewer)

Stopsign

HSC
N/A
Hey. Congrats. everyone on knocking over the HSC.

I'm just curious to know how your perception of your UAI changed during today?

-For me I am less scared of Tomorrow, not because I did extremely, over-the-moon, well but because I have a fairer idea of what it is and will be less of a surprise.

Some people, however, have become even more nervous since they got their HSC marks. That's up to you to discuss.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
About the same as I really had no idea how it would go, although with that being said I did meet my expectations which is all you can ask. *fingers crossed* touchwood that I am alright for tomorrow.

Good luck class of 2006 with UAIs tomorrow.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i know my uai is going to be a lot higher than my nightmares made it out to be. i should get into my course, so im v happy.

uhawww

Flakes
HSC
Definitely more relaxed now that my results indicate it's more than possible I'll get what I need. Still nervous, but at least I know I haven't completely bombed out.

psychochondriac

HSC
its gotten much better.

i've spent all year thinking i had no hope of cracking 90, but sam places me at 94.55 and juai at 94.65. obviously i don't expect to get that high, but hopefully i will get over 90. even if i don't, at least i'll know i was close.

sando

HSC IS EVIL
HSC
after recieving my marks my expectation of my uai i will recieve has been raised a little. still nervous, nonetheless

Loz_metalhead

HSC
I didn't think I had a chance of getting a UAI above 90.

JUAI-96.25
SAM-96.00

I really don't want to get my hopes up because im scared there has been some huge error. I just can't see myself getting anywhere near 96. *fingers crossed* that I will though. I really wanted to get into commerce but I didn't think I had a chance so I was going to settle with economics and try to transfer.

I thought I would get between 85-90. Do you think it's safe to say I will get 90+...that's all I have ever hoped for. Lol

Last edited:

bassqueen16

HSC
getting my hsc marks has made me MORE nervous if anything :eek: I was expecting to at least get 75 for a UAI but with my results, SAM and JUAI place me at 64.65 so im sooo scared and hope that the scaling gods will prevail and ill at least get 73 to get into one of my courses :(

psychochondriac

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I thought I would get between 85-90. Do you think it's safe to say I will get 90+...that's all I have ever hoped for. Lol

saaame.

this is a good feeling eh.

P

pLuvia

Well I'm sure I got into my first preference - 93 with flying colours so all good :)

Loz_metalhead

HSC
psychochondriac said:
saaame.

this is a good feeling eh.
I just hope I don't end up with a UAI of <90 after SAM saying 96 and getting my hopes up.

Ohwell, the cut off for economics this year was 85.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
argh, im the only one whos feeling screwed right now.

really thought it would be in the 80-85 range but SAM and JUAI are estimating itll be around 74... D:

what sucks even more if that my Exam marks alone would have got me an estimated 80.00/80.45, however my assessment marks (1 below average, 2 good, 2 above average rankings at a ranked ~200 school) ends up dropping my UAI freaking 6 points.

i could have spent another few hours studying here and there but i really dont think i could have improved much more (atleast in the exams)

looks like i havent got a chance at the top half of my preferences and if im lucky i might make it into one of my mid preferences. worse that can happen now is i get in to my lowest preferences course at UWS (which is similar to my first pref anyways, just with another 3 hour train trip) and get a transfer next year....

so, guess its not all that bad...

wait. make that: the worse that can happen is i get +4 points below the estimate and am totally screwed.

argh!

Dimorphic

HSC
Loz_metalhead said:
I didn't think I had a chance of getting a UAI above 90.

JUAI-96.25
SAM-96.00

I really don't want to get my hopes up because im scared there has been some huge error. I just can't see myself getting anywhere near 96. *fingers crossed* that I will though. I really wanted to get into commerce but I didn't think I had a chance so I was going to settle with economics and try to transfer.

What is this JUAI and does someone have a link?

shamila

HSC
hey can someone help me out here. im so worried about my uai now can someone plz offer to calcualte my uai plzzzzzz

biology 62

business studies 65

english standard 71

legal studies 76

general maths 58

my school is very good and plzz i want to get into my 70's

plzz

tahnxx

kitkatkittyau

HSC
After seeing my results this morning i realised that I'm sooooo fucked! I really wanted an 80 but sam predicts it will be 70.85 while juai predicts 74. I really want an 80. It was my school assesment marks that brought me down so much, my exam marks were good but my school where shit!

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
HSC Marks in the lower ranges less than 80 may tend to be a bit less accurate than those in the 90+. Reason for this is the lack of data we have when designing SAM.

This however doesn't mean it's entirely inaccurate. In most cases you'd be surprised how close your SAM UAI is compared to your real UAI which you will find out tomorrow. Remember that SAM's purpose is to estimate the UAI you will get if you sat the HSC in 2005, and although the trends in scaling tend to be quite consistent, there is a chance it could change for the better.

Good luck with your UAI tomorrow. Congratulations to those who have achieved what they wanted, and if you didn't, don't stress, it's a time to relax, try and have fun for the holidays!

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
Everyone feels better how?!?!

i was aiming for at least 85 but after marks and uai prediction is places me at 73.45! that is not good i need 80 for my top preference...i am even more worried bout tomorrow now

Riviet

HSC
N/A
After viewing my results this morning, I feel more confident that I will get a UAI that will allow me to choose my first preference, looking forward to it tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)