How have your study techniques improved at Uni? (1 Viewer)

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
How have your study techniques improved at uni? Most important what are the most effective techniques you've found to study the massive workload of uni in the most time effective manner? What are your 'secrets' to increasing your knowledge retention? And anything else that relates to the effectiveness of uni study habits

flashyGoldFish

HSC
N/A
So many views no comments. Thought this was a pretty interesting topic

RishBonjour99

HSC
N/A
What are you studying?
It depends what course your doing and most importantly, what type of person you are. People say that because its true.
I didn't have to adjust much to commerce, but law required some adjusting.
I approached friends in years above to ask what they did - they all tried different things and got great marks. I tried different ways until I found one that worked for me.

I did almost all of HSC 3u (thnk u patrickJMT and KA), 2u, biology and phys off youtube. I did the same with first year commerce subjects. Law is a fucking killer holy shit, but you can get around it by not doing the traditional approach (there is no way you can do the readings while maintaining a decent life). This was again explained to me by a good mate in the year above.

The most important thing to me is probably having that group of really good mates who are all smart kents so we usually keep each other on track with things.

Last edited:

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
Personally, my method of learning. I realised that I pick up things much faster when explained through videos instead of making notes/reading a textbook. So I didn't make notes despite having heavy content subjects, just watched a lot of videos that gave different perspectives on the topics. I think only sticking to one textbook kind of limits your learning too, so it's always good to refer to a number of resources.

Anyway, with something that might take me ages to learn through reading (~week), I managed to just do in like a day by watching some videos. And the results paid off! :D

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Making what you are learning meaningful and of personal relevance to yourself is the best way to retain as much information as possible:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)