How helpful was the advice line? (1 Viewer)

How helpful did you find the advice line?

• Total voters

rumour

HSC
How helpful did you find it?

I didn't find it very helpful, I rang yesterday & told the teacher that I needed help writing my AOS essay & she said "What, you don't know how to write essays!?!?"
After 30 minutes I didn't get anything that I needed!!!!

I found more help on BOS!!!

Last edited:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
well 'i need help writing my AOS essay' is a bit broad, she was probably just trying to figure out what you n eeded....or maybe she wanted to insult you...who knows

i've heard geenrally positive feedback, although ive never called up.

Tommy_Lamp

Coco
HSC
i think they respond better to specific questions. Like "I dont understand probability" or "simultaniety confuses me".

rumour

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
well 'i need help writing my AOS essay' is a bit broad, she was probably just trying to figure out what you n eeded....or maybe she wanted to insult you...who knows

i've heard geenrally positive feedback, although ive never called up.
I tried correcting her, but she still said "So you don't know how to write essays."

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
just coz she wouldn't have phone sex with u donshe, geez :p

well you can't expect all the teachers to know everything, maybe she hasn't taught that module? i dunno :/
lol

rumour

HSC
~*HSC 4 life*~ said:
well you can't expect all the teachers to know everything, maybe she hasn't taught that module? i dunno :/
But they ask you what question you want to ask, so you expect them to know what you are talking about!!!

olay

HSC
rumour said:
But they ask you what question you want to ask, so you expect them to know what you are talking about!!!
yeah but sometimes they only have a few teachers around. and considering that was the least studied text, prob none of them covered it n they put the line onto a random available teacher.

grimreaper

HSC
Donshe said:
So far I have called 3 times, all for English.

Anyway, my first two questins were very easy. Just asing, can I use two readings from the same context.

My 3rd call was to do with Module A: Wordsworth/Malouf

The least studied and hardest texts in the 2Unit course.

To give you an idea of what the discussion was like, I had to start off by telling her what the name of Malouf's boko was and a general fuckin' synopsis.

I asked some dud question and hung up.
Haha youre one of the poor people (like me) who has to do wordsworth\malouf. I dont think they could have possibly found a worse pair of texts for the module....

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
I thought it was OK. I had to ask some AOS questions, and rather than being specific, she was very general, and she kept saying "They expect you to do too much in this essay". It doesn't matter whether its too much or not, the reality is, we still have to do it. Then she started talking to me like I was going to have a nervous breakdown. Instead of really answering my questions, she kept saying "it's all right, it'll be all right", when I wasn't worried...until after the phonecall :p

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
I've called twice, both times were good. Both times were for english.

One was about AOS essay and the number of texts I had to use (simple one)

and the other was about an ext question where we had to "take on" the character.

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
I called general question, got a quick answer, the chick i talked to was nice. the end.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
what happens when you call? do they ask you whats ubject you want and put you through then? or do you press a number? or what :)

~dEjA vOuX~

Home Brand
HSC
hsc 4 life - They ask you for your BOS number then you have to confirm your name and date of birth. They ask what subject you are alling for and then they want you to summarise your question, then they put you through the the first available person.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
umm i called for english and the lady was quite helpful.. it was like she wanted to keep talking but i had no more questions so i was like uhh yeh thanks for ur help
ive called twice for business and they pretty much got straight to the point
my friend called asking about wittgenstein (module b) and like no one knew so they called her back the next day and passed her through like 6 people but still they didnt really know lol so she ended up going into school and talking to our teacher

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
The person that talked to me about english seemed to think i had covered most points, gave me alot of new things to think about, cleared some of my uncertainties.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
Well my teacher(s) gave us the wrong book for AOS and the lady sorted it all out and reassured me I wouldn't have to learn a new one in a week. Even though everyone else was saying we had to. She also told me to get special consideration from the board etc and we did

So I'm glad I rang up or I'd still be trying to learn a new text!

Shifty

Bulldogs 04' Premiers
HSC
cro angel, did you get a janet......she was very helpful and nice

superbird

HSC
the business studies teacher i had wasnt very helpful. i wanted to confirm which financial ratios were the correct ones to use in the exam.
he gave me a completely different accounts receivable ratio which ive never seen before. now im even more confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)