• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

how imp are internal assessments? (1 Viewer)

sega

HSC
Hi guys, im doing the hsc 1 year course in TAFE. Just wondering, how important are the internal assessments contributing to your UAI? I heard my math teacher say that its only 20% while the external hsc mark is 80%, is this true? Or maybe i was not listening properly lol!

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
It is *exactly* the same as for schools, your internals all up count for 50% which is a rule dictated by the Board of Studies not Tafe. However these internals are moderated by your external HSC exam as the standards vary from campus to campus. I am one hundred percent sure of this, as it is what my teachers at Gymea, Bankstown & Wollongong Tafes *all* say.

sega

HSC
oh ok. so how exactly does this moderating thing work?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
As standards differ with every class as every teacher sets exams of differing difficulty, they compare your internal performance with you performance in the actual HSC and alter it in some way. This is an oversimplification of the process of which you will find more info here: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=6642

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)