How important is signing out? (1 Viewer)

missjohns

HSC
This is probably a stupid question/post.

But, I really think it's annoying to have to go around to every department to get signatures. I can't be bothered. Plus, I'm really anxious about these things. (yeah, laugh away) I don't want to see the people again. I only have two more books to give back, I just want to return them and get the hell out.

I have outstanding fees, which the office has been getting wrong for YEARS. I've actually paid them, my mum's going to call them about it.

At my school it seems like you only have to sign out if you're getting a school reference? Or is it different for every school? Is there any other point to signing out?

Is it better to get a school reference? I didn't even hand in my note for one.

Last edited:

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Why do you have to go to every dept? At my school, we go up to the office and they give us everything we need in an envelope. :)

If you don't sign out, your name will always appear in roll call and absentee lists + you won't get the references and stuff. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

missjohns

HSC
We have to go to every department and get the head teacher's signatures, even if you don't do their subjects. :( I think it's annoying and pointless.

So class rolls and absentees lists? They don't just get rid of all the year 12 names from lists anyway? How annoying.

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
missjohns said:
We have to go to every department and get the head teacher's signatures, even if you don't do their subjects. :( I think it's annoying and poinltess.

So class rolls and absentees lists? They don't just automatically get rid of all the year 12 names from lists. How annoying.
Same here with the signatures.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
missjohns said:
So class rolls and absentees lists? They don't just get rid of all the year 12 names from lists anyway? How annoying.
Well, at my school that's what happens. Your school may be different :uhhuh: It's best if you just call up your year advisor or call the school office.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Just post the books to them. What the hell is a school refernce? Just don't bother, its not as if theyr'e gonna force you to do year 13 lol.

Sh4DoW

Finance Jock
HSC
davidbarnes said:
Just post the books to them. What the hell is a school refernce? Just don't bother, its not as if theyr'e gonna force you to do year 13 lol.
A school reference is just like a job reference but written by your teachers and homeroom/rollcall teachers. It's really useful if your planning on moving out of home and renting next year (apparently more so than a job reference), as well as applying for jobs, uni scholarships etc .. especially if you've never worked before or had limited job experience.

OP .. if you don't wanna do it .. you should just palm the forms off to a younger brother or sister if you have one! Saves you having to do it .. and what else would they do in their lunch time? lol

~untitled~

HSC
We have to do class teachers , head teachers, library, year advisor and then deputy, before we can get our references and our submitted rankings to the board of studies. Ive been to school twice now, and am still missing like 5 signatures. Were not allowed to our formal unless were signed out either! So the teachers better be there tomorrow!

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
haha i need my reference for a job , so i gotta go =(
omg on the day of returning textbooks , i was literally carrying like 20kg. fuck it was so heavy - like 7 textbooks for maths alone !! =.="

i havent got the sigs yet though , i really cant be fucked haha. ive just gotten out of skewl .. dont feel like venturing back in again :p

samuel slack

HSC
Ha ha. I've been back to school like 5 times since the HSC started. To see teachers... and every time I look at my room I find another text book to take back. It's almost like I haven't left :D

champo14

HSC
It takes like 10 minutes max. Just do it. You'll get a folio and some stuff as well, plus you have to sign out, otherwise you'll be forever enrolled.

kloudsurfer

HSC
missjohns said:
We have to go to every department and get the head teacher's signatures, even if you don't do their subjects. :( I think it's annoying and pointless.

That sucks. We only have to get sigs of the teachers whose subjects we do!

If we didnt sign out, we didnt get formal tickets!

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
we have to get sigs from teachers from all departments and we get our school reference, yearbook and formal ticket after a brief interview with our principal. so basically we had to go, it wasn't a bad thing , quite interesting actually.
and we gave back our textbooks after each exam so the enormous load was not a problem for me :D

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
SoulSearcher said:
I got lucky, only took around 5 minutes altogether, the actual process. It was the waiting for other people that was a bitch.
darn you, Gab. :burn:

starrysky

HSC
I'm still in the process of signing out, and I started last Tuesday. Need to haul back all my textbooks, fees ... we only need our class teachers' signatures, but that makes things a little bit difficult when one of them keeps eluding you on rollerblades to get across from Home Economics staffroom to Science labs. Literally.

:mad1: Will continue today, though ... plus, have a mountain of library books to cart back onto school premises.

kloudsurfer

HSC
I signed out ages ago. I just found a book that i forgot to return!

Someone said just keep it since they let me sign out without returning it. But i cant! I need closure!

Sigh. Back to school for me...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)