How interesting is Information Systems? (1 Viewer)

milton

HSC
Originally, I was really into computing and wanted to do combined BCom/BSci - Actuarial + Computer Sci, but now I'm limited to just a single degree- BCom with actuarial.

i wanna know if IS has a lot of low level programming and maths which is what i'm really into or if it's just lots of boring stuff like gathering user requirements etc and would i be just wasting my time if i co-major in it?

which would be the best co-major for actuarial? I heard finance is very popular.. and also- is it possible to do a double major in actuarial, as in BOTH majors are actuarial? like this http://www.handbook.unsw.edu.au/undergraduate/plans/2007/ACTLBD3502.html

Last edited:

Affinity

HSC
not alot of programming, more user requirements. Just do actuarial + accounting/finance, learn computing on your own.

ace

is retired
HSC
Affinity said:
not alot of programming, more user requirements. Just do actuarial + accounting/finance, learn computing on your own.
Yep IS isn't worth it. Do finance or accounting instead.

grimreaper

HSC
Yeah IS subjects are probably the most boring and uninteresting I've done so far - I have no idea why they make us software engineers do them

ace

is retired
HSC
grimreaper said:
Yeah IS subjects are probably the most boring and uninteresting I've done so far - I have no idea why they make us software engineers do them
If you can get through the boredom of IS subjects, clients whinging is nothing. Its preparing us to create an immunity to crap. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)