How involved are your teachers? (1 Viewer)

fakermaker

HSC
I do my work is specific sections, each section is around 1000 words long.

Once completed, I send my section to my teacher, who marks the work (suggesting how to improve my grammar and phrasing) and sends it back.

How do your teachers aid in the development of your project?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
My official Extension 2 English teacher gave sporadic advice and probably looked at it.. five times in the whole year.

My English Extension 1 teacher though gave a little more advice - and he had a bit more of a vested interest as EX1 was the basis for my major work.

Your teachers are really limited in what they can do - they can only generally advise, which means... basically do nothing. I got friends and other teachers to read the work as they'd be able to give me free advice instead of very filtered, careful advice like my EX2 teacher would give so that the work would still remain "mine" and not "mine but with her ideas".

Clarky13

HSC
I meet my teacher fortnightly on one of my study periods. Usually, I hand in my drafts copies every fortnight and she floods the page with red ink, adding suggestions and advice, and what works and what doesn't, and gives it back to me the week after.

My Extension 2 teacher also happens to be my Extension 1 teacher, which also happens to be my Advanced English teacher, which also happens to be my roll call teacher, so we have chats nearly every day.

tom-spin

HSC
hey guys, just a quick question because I'm looking to pick up 4U eng next term
How often do you meet up with your teachers for ext 2? do you negotiate a suitable time and are there any required amounts of meet-ups? like once a week or once a fortnight sort of thing?

Thanks

fakermaker

HSC
We meet once a fortnight to discuss my essay.

However, I regularly email him and talk there... I'll email him probably once or twice a week.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
hey guys, just a quick question because I'm looking to pick up 4U eng next term
How often do you meet up with your teachers for ext 2? do you negotiate a suitable time and are there any required amounts of meet-ups? like once a week or once a fortnight sort of thing?

Thanks
My EX2 teacher was also the Head of Secondary so... I got little time to discuss stuff with her. However, EX1 was the course that inspired me mostly for EX2 so I would talk to my English teacher about that. However he was quite busy.

I met up with my EX2 teacher perhaps... five times at most. Not that much at all. I got most of my feedback from friends.

The only 'requirement' is that the school must be able to sign off on the fact that you did the work yourself and the teachers checking is just there to ensure you're not plagiarising or something.

samasaurus

HSC
Our class has scheduled lessons for Extension 2 during our shared free periods, so we have four Extension 2 lessons a fortnight, in which our teacher is available to go over our work with us, edit our grammar and punctuation, and generally help clarify our ideas.

Woah, the major work is due tomorrow! Is everyone confident with the final product?

Draik

HSC
When I started, we'd (there are... were? two of us doing it, and yes, we would often meet at the same time) have a meeting every two weeks or so just so our teacher could go through and comment on our journals and catch up with our changes. He got sick over the summer holidays so we got another teacher, who's our extension 1 teacher (and my favourite teacher at the school), and we would meet once a week individually and once a fortnight or so as a pair. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks though we've been meeting her almost every day.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
We had three lessons a fortnight (timetabled), although sometimes she would call on us for a one-on-one discussion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)