How is Ah Boon Sim as a lecturer? (1 Viewer)

kipx

HSC
N/A
I'm considering taking FINS2624 Portfolio Management in Sem 2, 2015 and Ah-Boom Sim will be the lecturer in charge. Anybody been taught by him before (even if for other courses)? Is he good/strict marker/etc?? I've asked around and none of my friends have done courses by him, trying to do my research to avoid being screwed next sem.

Input is much appreciated please, thanks!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Be thankful its not 'THE' henry yip aka the wam destroyer

itoki2288

HSC
N/A
He can't be worse than the "Wam Destroyer" so just do it next sem lol

Marius_2

HSC
Ah-Boon Sim is a nightmare like no els at UNSW. He is ignorant, rude and behave like he owns the entire place. I regret every hour that i took his subject and first understod how awfull he was after i had passed the deadline to leav the course without academic and economic penalty...
If you have or you really want to take the course Go ahead, but do NOT belive it will be a easy pass it will be hard, he wont help you and he will be more than happy to fail you.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You have to take the course unfortunately even though like many other things, it's taught by a professional academic.

I can't really comment on Ah Boon Sim as a lecturer but he is very difficult and unreasonable as an administrator. If the opportunity ever arose in my professional capacity, I will ensure to return the favour with the same understanding and flexibility he offered me when I was a FINS2624 student who asked to attend to an alternate tutorial for three weeks due to an unexpected work commitment arising (FYI he said if I cannot attend my enrolled tutorial I should drop the course and re-enrol next year).

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)