how is commerce @ USYD? (1 Viewer)

aditya

HSC
yeh wateva negative rumours u hear about any uni, u can be sure tha tthe uni is doing something to negate them.... so basicalli worry abou tthe positives as they may be taken fro granted :D hehe long shot but it sounds right ;)

lizbon

HSC
the two unis are pretty equal, UNSW offers a wider range of majors though

btw is it worth doing B Commerce(liberal studies)? does it mean better job prospects than just B commerce.

sif not 99

I rate B Com (Liberal Studies) since that's what i do i guess!

My mate just finished it and got a job at UBS where if u do a normal com degree you almost certainly would have had to do honours for getting a look in there.

Like me you will get to your third year and laugh at all of your loser friends doing three year degrees that will be in full time jobs with no lifes in 12 months. Do the extra year its worth it.

P.

Left-ism

HSC
sif not 99
you were a loser at normo and youre still a loser
some things never change

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
paztaboy said:
is finance better at unsw or usyd?
no official research reports that I'm aware of seperate the two banking and finance schools, so just assume they are equally as good.

remember, choose the uni which you feel most comfortable at

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
B Com (liberal studies) is a 4 year commerce degree where u do arts and scis units, supposed to produce well rounded graduates, pretty popular program.

Btw minai, is that a power ranger in your avatar?

kingbuddha

choc-chip said:
I've heart tat the quality of USYD education is going downhill. Ture? Feel free to judge.
Went to usyd info day... one professor of accounting told me he just came from unsw with 5 colleagues because he believes the school of accounting is going downhill or at least not as good as it used to be

aditya

HSC
maybe they just fired him because they felt he was making them go downhill :cool:

but yeh.. wat does that mean anyway... going downhill :s which one is going upihll?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
kingbuddha said:
Went to usyd info day... one professor of accounting told me he just came from unsw with 5 colleagues because he believes the school of accounting is going downhill or at least not as good as it used to be
What was his name?

kingbuddha

Sorry Minai i didnt catch his name, i kept calling him just professor the whole time... but that was definitely what he told me... i didnt make anything up

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
oh well, I just hope it wasn't some good professor who would've lectured us this year!

I'll just ask some tutor when uni starts..

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hang on i don't get it.. the guy went from unsw to usyd because usyd was going downhill or unsw?

Lainee

HSC
UNSW going downhill... that's what I understood from it anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)