How is everyone feeling about HSC exams? (2 Viewers)

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
TheQueenOfLeon said:
Under 90 and I'll probably cry. I expect 90-95 but 98 just seems ridiculous, even tho it's only an extra 3 points. Meh, we'll see. I might become mysteriously inspired to work some day.
i know! i'm seriously expecting a 93-94 minimum, and yeah 98 just sounds laughably high and then of course the even worse thing is , is that my back up version of the course is ...wait for it...
83 -_-
so its either go all hard out and work my freakin arse off to TRY and get 98 or just cruise along and do a bit here and there before exams, like how much would it SUCK to get 97.95 or even 98.05 or something i think then i'd cry too.

HSC
i want them over...i'm sick of waiting around for everyone to be able to talk *yawn*

i'm just going to trudge my way through and cross my fingers with uni courses.

lol if i dont get in then i'll figure something out XD

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Hey guys,
Its ok to feel, stressed, worried, scared, etc. I know this is easier said than done, but take this piece of advice from someone that did her HSC over two years (2003-04) just be mindful of how stressed you are all getting and try and relax as much as possible, because stress causes suppression of your immune system. When I was doing my HSC I got so worried, scared, stressed that I ended up sick and admitted to hospital three weeks before exams.
I guess my main point is make sure that you take time out to let yourself process things. Stick your ipod in your ears and go for a walk to meet your friends for coffee or something, trust me your body and brain will thank you for it.

LatK7

HSC
Feeling ok....

Hardout for the holidays though!

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Hey pari so many people are feeling what you're feeling right now - insecure, stressed, doubtful, hesitant, uncertain, etc. As I am posting this right now, I too am totally stressed and in a state of contempt from the amount of work that I need to get completed, and it's also the last week of school and I'm trying to chase up all my teachers, get continuous advice from my careers advisor and balancing 'enjoyment time' (since its the last week of school) with 'stressful time' etc.

But there's only 3 weeks left. And from reading your other posts, I know that you are super keen to perform at your best in the HSC and get the best marks possible because dominating the HSC is a good way to go towards that path in life that you're interested in. And it IS possible, that's why you're going FOR IT. I can't really give you much advice other than to keep trying and stay focused on your work, on your ability, and on your goals/aims for these HSC exams. Ignore how other people are progressing.

You never know, but, looking positively (and possibly reality speaking), even though you may feel that you are not prepared, you probably have the information drilled into her head, but those negative thoughts may shade them away :p, if that makes sense? You may also infact be at the 'top end' of the scale among the HSC students RIGHT NOW because there are many students that feel doubtful as you and I do. If you stop working now, you could jeopardize yourself :p (haha that's a mentality that I use, and it's helpful).

If you continue your hard work up until the HSC exams, you will pull out some wicked stuff in your reponses. And that's reality. And another reality that you obviously know is that the HSC is not the purpose of life, but because you've worked this hard for it, there's absolutely NO REASON for you to bum down. The thing that helps me, especially when i am stressed, is to find different sources of inpiration that can get me motivated for just the NEXT day, and i just keep repeating it - because I really have lost the motivation and drive that use to allow me to just drill into the books.

You know that there are consequences to EVERYTHING. If you choose to work hard and maintain it, you will be rewarded graciously (unless there are those uncontrollable factors that interfere). If you stop or give up or become lazy, you will soon experience regret straight after English Paper 1 (since you've worked that hard to get there). I know a dude that studied hard during ONLY stuvac and he pulled out an insane 98.3 UAI, (4 band 6's in 2u subjects). He said that he only did a few past papers for his science and humanities subjects during this period because he never felt that past papers helped him, and that was his method of studying. He just made simple yet concise study notes and constantly reviewed them. He even said that he got about 2-3 hours sleep before some exams, but the adrenaline just made him stay so focused.

So, that's just a simple example that people study differently; some people (such as me) feel miserable because they haven't had time to answer those 10 or 20 or 200 past papers during the HSC year for a subject (say biology) just like 'everyone in the state is'. But everyone is different; one who practises on 5 past papers can be a better student that one who practises on 1000.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling on now, but my point is: stay focused, because you (and a whole lot of other people) will score great marks if you maintain/sustain/prolong/persevere/persist/endure...

Last edited:

Sofstar

HSC
I'm feeling ergh. I should really study. But like everyone else, i can't wait until post exams.

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
yoakim said:
Hey pari so many people are feeling what you're feeling right now - insecure, stressed, doubtful, hesitant, uncertain, etc. As I am posting this right now, I too am totally stressed and in a state of contempt from the amount of work that I need to get completed, and it's also the last week of school and I'm trying to chase up all my teachers, get continuous advice from my careers advisor and balancing 'enjoyment time' (since its the last week of school) with 'stressful time' etc.

But there's only 3 weeks left. And from reading your other posts, I know that you are super keen to perform at your best in the HSC and get the best marks possible because dominating the HSC is a good way to go towards that path in life that you're interested in. And it IS possible, that's why you're going FOR IT. I can't really give you much advice other than to keep trying and stay focused on your work, on your ability, and on your goals/aims for these HSC exams. Ignore how other people are progressing.

You never know, but, looking positively (and possibly reality speaking), even though you may feel that you are not prepared, you probably have the information drilled into her head, but those negative thoughts may shade them away :p, if that makes sense? You may also infact be at the 'top end' of the scale among the HSC students RIGHT NOW because there are many students that feel doubtful as you and I do. If you stop working now, you could jeopardize yourself :p (haha that's a mentality that I use, and it's helpful).

If you continue your hard work up until the HSC exams, you will pull out some wicked stuff in your reponses. And that's reality. And another reality that you obviously know is that the HSC is not the purpose of life, but because you've worked this hard for it, there's absolutely NO REASON for you to bum down. The thing that helps me, especially when i am stressed, is to find different sources of inpiration that can get me motivated for just the NEXT day, and i just keep repeating it - because I really have lost the motivation and drive that use to allow me to just drill into the books.

You know that there are consequences to EVERYTHING. If you choose to work hard and maintain it, you will be rewarded graciously (unless there are those uncontrollable factors that interfere). If you stop or give up or become lazy, you will soon experience regret straight after English Paper 1 (since you've worked that hard to get there). I know a dude that studied hard during ONLY stuvac and he pulled out an insane 98.3 UAI, (4 band 6's in 2u subjects). He said that he only did a few past papers for his science and humanities subjects during this period because he never felt that past papers helped him, and that was his method of studying. He just made simple yet concise study notes and constantly reviewed them. He even said that he got about 2-3 hours sleep before some exams, but the adrenaline just made him stay so focused.

So, that's just a simple example that people study differently; some people (such as me) feel miserable because they haven't had time to answer those 10 or 20 or 200 past papers during the HSC year for a subject (say biology) just like 'everyone in the state is'. But everyone is different; one who practises on 5 past papers can be a better student that one who practises on 1000.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling on now, but my point is: stay focused, because you (and a whole lot of other people) will score great marks if you maintain/sustain/prolong/persevere/persist/endure...
Good post yoakim, I could not have said it better myself. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)