how is everyone studying??? (1 Viewer)

freyja*

I was just wondering if people are doing past exams and writing in all the different text types?

That was the suggestion by my teacher but i was wondering what the best method would be!

Basil84

me, i am doing nothing lol

hey yeah i just read over heaps of stuff. I don't do much practise stuff cause they can ask u anything, so i don't bother focusing on a particular thing. Re read quotes and write them out etc.

Zenithliza

Because I'm still doing my trials I havent really started yet.. but when they are over I plan on doing a bunch of practise questions so I'm confident in all different text types. That way nothing will surprise me!

SkAnDi

HSC
I make myself practice the varied text types.

I really hate feature articles.

Like, i REALLY hate them.

Speeches however, are like essays... but with bonuses :D

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
we had to do a dialogue of AOS, which was pretty difficult.

i dunno, i didn't really study for the creative writing bit at all, but i still did pretty well. for me, i can't really study creative writing (same with 3u), its just on the spot for me. like i know some people try and do generic things, like appropriations of fairy tales and stuff like that...but my mind doesn't work that way, my thoughts are rambled and spontaneous.

umm for modules there was a feature article i think..that was hard, i still don't really know how to write them properly.

there was also a letter, for king lear. we had to write a letter to the director of some theatre copmany, can't remember the exact q'. but it was basically saying why KL is so good. i did pretty well cos supposedly i did the letter writing thing well - said "you" and "i" and other assorted pronouns a lot. and i think my language was kinda casual. but not unsophisticated. so like i tried not to do a disguised essay. or something.

screwed up frontline, i THINK it was a speech, can't remember. it might have been an essay.

umm as for studying english...i sooo need a break, i don't itnend to study until around the hols , or a bit before, cos i have major works. and i am also lazy.

but what i did for trials )the whole TWO NIGHTS before modules haha), was pretty much just learn quotes. they're the only things i memories, i don't mem. points etc. cos i just get confused in exams and worry about whether or not i've left this point out and that theme out etc. and i read tons of stuff, like different analysis and net stuff. and the only practice essay i wrote was for AOS, cos i didn't have time (not that im saying u shouldn't write practice essay,s cos u should, they help u clear out any random ideas and make u realise what u actualy know and don't know)

anyway goo dluck to people still doing tirials. (i can't type cos i've had virtually no sleep for the past few weeks....*faints*)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by johnson

umm for modules there was a feature article i think..that was hard, i still don't really know how to write them properly.
mm yes, we got a feature article for powerplay - 1984
i think mine was cross between an essay and a newspaper article :p

sif not 99

the only text type that i had to do was a speech in the catholic trial for frontline, speeches are mad,

studying english, well im still trying to figure that out
basically for me you learn your quotes and do quite a few practice essays and hope like hell that it all sticks =)

ShirLz

hehehe

we had to do a practice question outlinin of a tv program that was goin to produce the relique for its targeted audience of teenages - hehehe : NOW *dat* is bad......

needless to say, i spinkz i failed that one w/ flyin colours

PS. imagin if dat was actually a HSC question though :eek: my own imagination doesn't stretch that far...

ShirLz

Originally posted by ShirLz
hehehe

we had to do a practice question outlinin of a tv program that was goin to produce the relique for its targeted audience of teenages - hehehe : NOW *dat* is bad......

needless to say, i spinkz i failed that one w/ flyin colours

PS. imagin if dat was actually a HSC question though :eek: my own imagination doesn't stretch that far...

btw, this is for the john donne section - so if u're not doin JD, don't freak :D just count yourself lucky

lappang

Dunaferr NK soon FCK
HSC
N/A
I'm looking at past trial and HSC question on my modules and the AOS plus also doing my teachers set questions

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
The Relique for an audience of teens??
argh, thats takin the poem WAYY out of context!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)