• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How is the class of 05 coping with the pressure of HSC (1 Viewer)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
:ninja:
_muse_ said:
im sick of the teachers getting in 'motivational speakers' from last year in who got UAI's of 90-something to come in and talk to us. IT DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL MOTIVATED... if anything, it makes me want to give up. "blah blah blah study 5 hours a night blah blah blah" yeah well, some of us dont finish homework til midnight, stuff doin 5 hours of study after that! grrr they make me feel like crap
I know exactly what you mean. The teachers in my view put way too much emphasis on getting the top UAI of like 90+ and the best marks in everything!!!! Like HELLO they dont have to teach 6 subjects they've just got to focus on their subject & quite frankly I think they forget that students have a life & other comitments in life.
The best thing is to keep living your life and doing what you do, then fit the HSC around that. Not the other way around. After all HSC is not the be all & end all of life, there are lots of other ways to achieve your goals in life

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
its just bullshit, the hsc really should be spread over 2 years.. or even just 1 and a half.. because honesltly, how the hell can u remember an entire syllabus shitty thing in one year for 5/6/7 subjects AND do major works AND assignments AND study for 5 hours a night. it doesnt work. im sick of it and im just about to give up on the stupid fuckin thing

sorry if im whinging im jus in my little depressed PMS mood

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I find that the more teachers and parents nag me to study, the less I do!

I only start studying if I have a short-term goal, or it's two nights before the assessment.
I don't think I'm coping, juggling work and study commitments isn't going well for me now but the problem is time management. Less procrastination and excuses, just do it.

Working hard for 10 months is better than slaving away behind checkouts and Centrelink offices, knowing you'll get out of it slightly buggered but alive anyway!

I have so many assessments that I really cant be fucked to list them all. Ignorance is bliss, that is, until you get a letter sent home =/

Also most of my conversations have atleast the words ''Study'', ''I failed'' or ''OMG im going to fail'' and ''HSC'' in it, the atmosphere is competitive and the students 24/7 PMS'y

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
aquaa123qwe said:
that is bs hsc is alot harder than trial

uni is worse off
are you joking? i bombed the trial becuase it was so hard, the hsc was a hoax!

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
S_Kaye said:
hmm well im sure every one else will disagree with me but there is not enough time to really do study notes at the moment. i just did all of my homework and tried as hard as i could with my assesments. and then in the holidays i did all of my study notes. worked for me coz i got 98 in the end. just see what works for you in the end
i think ill take that approach
thats what im doing at th moment
only assessments and homework pretty much
i cant understand how people can do 3 or 4 hours of study on top of this per night without depriving themselves of sleep...

tennille

HSC
adamjmurphy said:
lol the major problem is sleep and the lack of i am getting of it :p

about 4 hours last night and probably about the same tonight, i do feel tho im up to date this way though :p

adam
You better be careful though. You really need to get some sleep. :)

What is going to happen when the HSC exams commence?

BTW, what are you aiming for in the HSC?

tennille

HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
i think ill take that approach
thats what im doing at th moment
only assessments and homework pretty much
i cant understand how people can do 3 or 4 hours of study on top of this per night without depriving themselves of sleep...
I tried summarising for chemistry. It worked for about 2 topics and then I gave up. I prefer to just study out of books and not write notes.

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
Well im reasonably happy with my maths (88% non-assessable assessment task)
All the "Higher order thinking" classes i'm very comfortable with...

The only subject i'm doing bad is english. The lessons are too boring especially with my teacher who repeats the same question at least twice in 2 periods (waste of time)

HSC
S_Kaye said:
hmm well im sure every one else will disagree with me but there is not enough time to really do study notes at the moment. i just did all of my homework and tried as hard as i could with my assesments. and then in the holidays i did all of my study notes. worked for me coz i got 98 in the end. just see what works for you in the end
hmmm....good study technique since it gave you a 98 ;)

Trev

stix
HSC
Tennille said:
I tried summarising for chemistry. It worked for about 2 topics and then I gave up. I prefer to just study out of books and not write notes.
I haven't even attempted summarising for chemistry (let alone any other subjects). I find studying out of books takes alot longer because there is a fair bit of unneccessary information you may try to learn!

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Not doing enough work...... and having extremely dodgy teachers..... especially my bloody modern teacher..... she pisses me off so freaking much......

RyddeckerSMP

Go The Knights!
HSC
Trev said:
Dodgy teachers at Baulkham Hills? Eh?
Yeah of course there are, just becuase we are a selective school doesn't mean that we get the best teachers, far from it..... there are plenty of dodgy teachers at my school who you can just hope to avoid them having you.......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)