how is there like 5 days left... (1 Viewer)

jklol

HSC
yeah nah all good mate, if you need any eco help just chuck me a pm. Also yeah definetly gun for 4u maths, its hard but its rewarding as fuck and I enjoy it. If ur doing 4u tho, i highly recommend going tutoring (even one of the big places like matrix or du will do) because of just how difficult the subject is, class teachers will never be able to cover the kinda crazy shit they pull out in exams lol.
bruh i messed up no one told me that adv english is not that big of a step up over standard now im screwed

satvik_1008

HSC
bruh i messed up no one told me that adv english is not that big of a step up over standard now im screwed
ahh shit man, i mean it only really matters depending on what atar ur going for, and as long as its not super crazy, and you compensate by beasting ur other subjects it should be fine

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
it depends on the cohort though, but adv has way better scaling and far more people get a band 6

people who drop to std thinking it's an easy band 6 are far from the truth

satvik_1008

HSC
what's funnier is people that get like 25% prelim that go sign me up for 4u
a lot of people do it for the prestige, which is so dumb because you will just end up crashing and dying, and dragging down the internals of the cohort with you

satvik_1008

HSC
it depends on the cohort though, but adv has way better scaling and far more people get a band 6

people who drop to std thinking it's an easy band 6 are far from the truth
lol at our school we don't even have the option of dropping down to standard so that problem is elimiated. Apparently only like 500 band 6's or some shit are given out for standard english which is so crazy, compared to 12% of advanced students getting a band 6

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
lol at our school we don't even have the option of dropping down to standard so that problem is elimiated. Apparently only like 500 band 6's or some shit are given out for standard english which is so crazy, compared to 12% of advanced students getting a band 6
nah it's like 160 iirc

satvik_1008

HSC
nah it's like 160 iirc
what the fuck. basically getting a band 6 is impossible bruh. Im pre sure even like 4u and stuff have a higher raw number of band 6's, which is a big deal cos only like 2500 kids across the state do 4u

Directrix

Forklift Certified
HSC
what the fuck. basically getting a band 6 is impossible bruh. Im pre sure even like 4u and stuff have a higher raw number of band 6's, which is a big deal cos only like 2500 kids across the state do 4u
ye ofc since those guys are talented in themselves

quickoats

HSC
Standard band 6 is difficult bc the standards are aligned with adv. the idea is that a 90 in standard has the same English ability as a 90 in adv

Leadmen4y

HSC
Standard band 6 is difficult bc the standards are aligned with adv. the idea is that a 90 in standard has the same English ability as a 90 in adv
Is it only for common module or is it everything?

Leadmen4y

HSC
Yep generally it lies below 1%
damn so basically they're just people who could've done adv but didn't know about scaling & alignment bs? can't think of any reason to do std over adv for anyone aiming for a somewhat competitive atar

quickoats

HSC
damn so basically they're just people who could've done adv but didn't know about scaling & alignment bs? can't think of any reason to do std over adv for anyone aiming for a somewhat competitive atar
Lol I did standard and did alright…
But yeah band 6 lowkey what’s the point.

theonly case where dropping to standard actually works (from what I’ve seen) is when the person can adequately write and express their own opinions/ideas but just struggle with the complexity of the advanced texts. Ppl that were mediocre in adv bc they couldn’t really write and just spat out sparknotes did not benefit - in fact they’d probs be better riding the alignment of advanced.

Leadmen4y

HSC
Lol I did standard and did alright…
But yeah band 6 lowkey what’s the point.

theonly case where dropping to standard actually works (from what I’ve seen) is when the person can adequately write and express their own opinions/ideas but just struggle with the complexity of the advanced texts. Ppl that were mediocre in adv bc they couldn’t really write and just spat out sparknotes did not benefit - in fact they’d probs be better riding the alignment of advanced.
ur mx1/2 marks were more than enough to back std eng up lol

tho when u get high up there with std it scales pretty much equivalent to adv from what I've seen in reports, but that's only the case when u get 94+ and state rank the subject it seems

quickoats

HSC
ur mx1/2 marks were more than enough to back std eng up lol

tho when u get high up there with std it scales pretty much equivalent to adv from what I've seen in reports, but that's only the case when u get 94+ and state rank the subject it seems
As I previously stated, standard almost exactly scales the same as advanced for marks around 70+ (for some reason band 2-3 weird stuff happens). However, the alignment is different. A person in adv would need like 79-81ish on the exam to get an 89 whereas I probably achieved a 87ish in standard. The NESA alignment process deems these raw marks equivalent.

Lol I would rather lose a bunch of math marks in exchange for English marks bc there’s diminishing returns in scaling. In fact I got an extra mark in MX1 and my ATAR stayed the same after it was recalculated. HSC rewards consistency in all subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)